AVIC411.com

I tried updating by using the 2.008 and I think I killed it. It boots up to a Pioneer screen and stops. I can press the menu button and it brings up the main window Destination, Contacts, and Av Source. Destination is dead. Contacts works and the AV Source is dead. I pressed settings and it lets me get into the system settings. The service information shows "no map version" and Version 2.008000. The system still restarts at random which is why I started this whole process. I need some serious help. I just bought the car (used) that came with the radio. The radio only booted to the Pioneer screen previously. I thought no problem, I fixed my old avic d3 so I should be able to fix this one. My head is pounding. Please help.

Have you tried reinstalling the update, also try downgrading to 2.6 again.

If you cannot resolve it that way, try undergoing in testmode and see if any files are out of place, and restoring any that might be missing. I really never had any problems like you prescribe, but thats what I would do if I had any issues that I just couldn't figure out.

Try to update again, preferably to the 3.0 firmware. I dont know what the point is upgrading to anything else? Usually the experience that you are having is because there were mods on it before. A lot of Data.zip files are dependent on their SYS.txt file. When you go with an update, it does not always delete the older files leaving one still remaining. The reason that it gets stuck at startup is that it is looking for files that are not there. There are several things that you can try. Put a mod in and replace all files, both a Nav mod and a theme mod, I would do in case the image.res is toast. If that does not work, download the 3.0 update on this site and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and then that should fix you up as this update totally reformats the drive and everything goes up from scratch. Good luck!