AVIC411.com

help with a code

I am trying to have my gps status onmap button not show up when in route, but I have been unsuccessful. I am sure this is probably an easy fix, but do not know how to code only copy. This is what I have now in my navigatemap_800_480.ui file:

;GPS Status

What should it look like.

Thanks

Simple solution! Just get rid of the entire code all together! Why do you need a permanent icon on the screen to let you know that you have a GPS signal. You don't need clutter on the screen. If you are in an area with lots of tunnels, etc., where you do lose the signal frequently, and you want an indicator, just put visiblemodel="gps.valid" behind the code of an icon and it will only appear when there is a gps signal. When you have full icons, you know that you have a signal. That way, you have the problem solved and NO CLUTTER!

Simple solution! Just get rid of the entire code all together! Why do you need a permanent icon on the screen to let you know that you have a GPS signal. You don't need clutter on the screen. If you are in an area with lots of tunnels, etc., where you do lose the signal frequently, and you want an indicator, just put visiblemodel="gps.valid" behind the code of an icon and it will only appear when there is a gps signal. When you have full icons, you know that you have a signal. That way, you have the problem solved and NO CLUTTER!

Hi Abb,

Thanks for the reply and I know I am being stingy. You are probably right, I really don't need that GPS, but I do use it to see if the signal is caught and just want to know how to make that icon not show up while I am in Nav mode. I thought it would be a simple code fix and that I just had the wrong code behind the icon.

Hi Abb,

Thanks for the reply and I know I am being stingy. You are probably right, I really don't need that GPS, but I do use it to see if the signal is caught and just want to know how to make that icon not show up while I am in Nav mode. I thought it would be a simple code fix and that I just had the wrong code behind the icon.

Well, with the code 'visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route"', it should not show up while in navigation, as that is why the '!' is there in front of the code. Why it does, I dont know. If I had the entire mod in front of me, I could figure it out, but I dont even know what mod it is.

• 3 weeks later...