AVIC411.com

HOW OLD ARE THE Z110BT MAPS?

Ok, I went from a Eclipse AVN726E their top of the line model to this Pioneer which is a nice touch screen but, the maps SUCK.. I never had a problem with the Eclipse maps at all they found everything I wanted to find.. Now, this Pioneer cant find half of the address the Eclipse found. WHY?? anyone know who makes the maps for Pioneer? Well, so now I look up the address on my iphone and just put it as a POI but, when I see the map on the iphone the roads on google maps are called different names then the ones on the Z so how old are these maps? Of course that is assuming that Google maps is updated. This is ridiculous for a product to cost over 1000 and have crappy maps when that is their main job is navigation.. When are we getting a map update or can I buy one some where???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mention many times now on this forum, there will be a map upgrade this summer. However there is no guarantee you will see any change for your area. Your claim also sounds a little off. Make sure you are searching in your area and not some other state or city. It is easy on this unit to be searching in a different area without actually realizing it.

As mention many times now on this forum, there will be a map upgrade this summer. However there is no guarantee you will see any change for your area. Your claim also sounds a little off. Make sure you are searching in your area and not some other state or city. It is easy on this unit to be searching in a different area without actually realizing it.

Who ever you are I live in Watertown NY I travel all over the USA being in the military, I was looking for address in different States close by like PA since I am headed there this weekend. I just find it disappointing that the maps are this bad. Like I states in my first post when you look up the address on Google maps and then put it on the Z the roads do not match up but the coordinates do. So the maps on the Z are pretty old...

Here do me a favor see if you can find Anneville in PA. in my Z it says city not found see if you can find it in yours. I hope I was doing something wrong.. Let me KNOW

Actually... before you get all mad and spout off, might want to fact-check.

I just searched for "Anneville, PA" on Google maps. Doesn't exist. There IS an Anneville, DE though.

And yeah, the Pioneer unit doesnt make it easy to deal with situations like these unfortunately... unless you have the right state, it just won't work. *sigh*

There is an Annville, PA but no Anneville. If you misspell it with the unit it wont work.

Hey you know what they missspelled it on their address I just looked on the map and the map says ANNVILLE and the Address says ANNEVILLE.

Here follow the link and use 17003 for the zip code and you will see what I am talking about..

http://www.elitearchery.com/dealer-locator/

I no longer have this unit. Google says there is an Annville, PA. There is no Anneville.

you are right the address I revived from the website says it is Anneville but when I zoom in on google maps it says Annville so the address I revived was wrong.. Man I wish this z would help people who cant spell out.. Thanks guys

Just so you know that is the address I recived from a website and they spelled it AnnEville no Annville.. And I did a google check and it is spelled Annville..

Here is the address I got off the website of this company so they spelled their own address wrong..

Full-screen

Swatara Creek Outfitters - Platinum Elite Dealer

535 N Rt 934 Anneville PA 17003

717-867-4995

www.swataracreekoutfitters.com

Yea I saw that. Just put it in the unit as Annville and you should be good. One other thing you will eventually run into. Any search that requires a - or ' as part of the title will need to be substituted by a SPACE in the title or the unit will fail to find it. FYI this unit actually works very well as far as the navi is concerned. Unfortunately, its layout of how things work will contribute to user error. Its not really the users fault that the unit is laid out in a way that causes this. So just be aware if it doesn't find something, its probably because it needs other info that you may have to dig a little for to get it to understand. For instance, You can be in CA and if you search for something near you with VR, the unit is still going to search in PA sense that was the last state you searched in.

Here is the address I got off the website of this company so they spelled their own address wrong..

Full-screen

Swatara Creek Outfitters - Platinum Elite Dealer

535 N Rt 934 Anneville PA 17003

717-867-4995

http://www.swataracreekoutfitters.com

That usually happens when you let a 3rd party web designing crew develop your site for you.... which would be these guys....

Webmaster: Renewing Strategies Web Design

http://www.renewingstrategies.com/aboutus.html

You should call them and let them know of the error...