AVIC411.com

AXXESS ASWC and X920BT HEADS UP

Hey all,

I just thought I would share my experience with the Axxess ASWC steering wheel control adapter. I bought it for 62 bucks shipped (much less than the PAC one) and have it installed with a X920BT.

Its very simple to install. I think I had a total of 4-5 wires to tap into. Upon connecting the wires, it works right out of the box with no programing! Plus there is ZERO delay!

There is one issue I ran into when using this with my X920BT. Im not sure it this is a ASWC issue or a pionner issue, but here is my problem.

By default, the track up and down buttons work fine for ipod, dvd, CD, SD MP3. But when your in radio mode, track up and down do NOT jump presets. Track up and down ONLY change the station one notch.

So if Im listening to 106.7 and hit track up, it goes to 106.9. That sucks!

Now, it can be programed to do radio presets up and down. But doing that, means you loose track up and down for ipod, CD, DVD and MP3.

Im left wondering if I should have got the slow PAC control now. Does anyone know if the PAC control works with radio presets and cd, dvd, ipod all the same way? Or does the PAC control do what my AXXESS ASWC does where its one or the other?

By default, the track up and down buttons work fine for ipod, dvd, CD, SD MP3. But when your in radio mode, track up and down do NOT jump presets. Track up and down ONLY change the station one notch.

You can see about adding the PAC WRI-P and a wireless steering wheel remote which will offer the extra features you don't have buttons on your steering wheel for. Details are stickied in the general section of all forums.

• 5 months later...

I've noticed the same annoyance with my Z110 and the AXXESS. I tried to re-configure the track buttons to control the radio presets but it didn't work. I couldn't find any way to get the radio presets to change via steering wheel controls.

Does anyone have experience with the Z110's service menu. Can you tweak how it responds to steering wheel commands in the service menu?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why are you using the Axxess in the first place?

It's what the installer put in my car a few months ago, before i researched into the Pac module. I'd rather save the hassle and plug the axxess into the pac module and be happy. It looks like it should work, I haven't found/heard of any reason yet why it would not.