AVIC411.com

Could there be a hotfix out in the wild for the x920bt?

So there are a million posts all over this forum about a particular problem with the z110bt, x920bt, and (probably) z120bt (and maybe more) - the fact that if you let BT connect before hitting the "ok" button on the Nav screen your VR will act all screwy, and you'll need to re-transfer your contacts, or restart the car and make sure to hit the OK button first. Anyone who's read this forum for more than 10 minutes has heard of this bug.

Only, I just finished fully installing my x920bt, and syncing my iPhone via Bluetooth, and I can't seem to duplicate this problem - I tried, just so I'd know what to look for. On my unit, if my BT connects and I haven't hit ok on the nav warning screen, I get a message across the bottom of the screen telling me to do so before it will connect the phone via BT. I tap the message and it brings me to the "ok" nav warning screen, I tap ok and then my phone syncs up and my VR works as normal.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this "normal" and I just haven't found a way to really duplicate the actual problem yet, or is it actually possible Pioneer has started to ship units with a hotfix in place? I just got my unit last week, it was part of a brand new shipment Al-Eds got. Seems like a little clunky "fix" but hey, it's better than forgetting to turn the car off with the nav screen on and racing to hit that ok button before the phone connects.

Is there anywhere I can check the software version on this thing?

Wow! That is the first I have heard of that. It seems they finally listened and offered somewhat of a solution. See if you can determine what software version is on your unit so others that have had their units longer can determine if their software is different.

Here's a picture of what happens if I hit the VR button after my phone connects if I haven't hit ok on the nav warning screen first:

photo2hm.th.jpg

Once you do that everything works as normal. I suppose as fixes go this one's ok (I'm sure it's going to save Pioneer a lot of support calls) but it seems rather inelegant, and it's all because of the warning screen. I hate those stupid Nav warning screens, some dumbass lawyer dreamed them up as a layer of defense one day and now we all have to put up with them. I bet in an actual lawsuit they turn out to be worthless too, you could make a case that people just become conditioned to hitting ok without reading the screen.