AVIC411.com

iPad 3G ATT data and the Z110BT

This seems to have been tried by others - from what I can tell, AVIC feeds (whatever they really buy you) run/can be updated via Bluetooth. I'm no AVIC Feeds kinda guy - so I'm not getting (understanding) that add on.

We did try (others have also) to connect via the iPod cable - and you get the standard 'incompatible' Z110/iPad statement.

We did find that at least (which is not bad) - you can connect nicely via Bluetooth audio. This allows very good sound quality. The negative side is the sound via iTunes is *clearly* not Dolby (any version of surround). I think it is really not all that bad on some video - but generally, not close to a real digital source. At least you still have the large screen - so I guess a real 'iPad' connection is not that big an issue.

So Bluetooth - fine. You can stream Youtube (via Bluetoth audio using the iPad as a screen) - but real integration just does not exist.....

Wish Pioneer moved this more into the main stream - at least then they'd get real support (software), and likely a hugely marketable following...

That's my $.02.....

I'm confused. Are you trying to get high quality music and youtube to play on the AVIC? Do you have the right cable? The CD-IU50V?

The AVIC pulls the raw audio straight from the iPod, so whatever quality the source is, that's what you get.

If you're trying to get youtube on the AVIC, put the AVIC in video mode, and then launch youtube, it will send the video and audio to the AVIC.

I'm confused. Are you trying to get high quality music and youtube to play on the AVIC? Do you have the right cable? The CD-IU50V?

The AVIC pulls the raw audio straight from the iPod, so whatever quality the source is, that's what you get.

If you're trying to get youtube on the AVIC, put the AVIC in video mode, and then launch youtube, it will send the video and audio to the AVIC.

Yes - but we are talking iPad not iPod - it's just way to confusing - they look identical when you glance... iPad has no real support as you know... :-(

This seems to have been tried by others - from what I can tell, AVIC feeds (whatever they really buy you) run/can be updated via Bluetooth. I'm no AVIC Feeds kinda guy - so I'm not getting (understanding) that add on.

We did try (others have also) to connect via the iPod cable - and you get the standard 'incompatible' Z110/iPad statement.

We did find that at least (which is not bad) - you can connect nicely via Bluetooth audio. This allows very good sound quality. The negative side is the sound via iTunes is *clearly* not Dolby (any version of surround). I think it is really not all that bad on some video - but generally, not close to a real digital source. At least you still have the large screen - so I guess a real 'iPad' connection is not that big an issue.

So Bluetooth - fine. You can stream Youtube (via Bluetoth audio using the iPad as a screen) - but real integration just does not exist.....

Wish Pioneer moved this more into the main stream - at least then they'd get real support (software), and likely a hugely marketable following...

That's my $.02.....

Pioneer has nothing to do with this as this unit has been out for a year now. The iPad has been out for two months.

Pioneer has nothing to do with this as this unit has been out for a year now. The iPad has been out for two months.

If they were at all concerned, they could have gotten pre-release software (that doesn't even need an iPad to run) over a year ago. I believe there were even hardware 'samples' available to some. If you as a company think this is important, I'm just surprised there wasn't an effort - or maybe there was (???).

Hindsight says it isn't a major issue since you can run Bluetooth, and the screen is larger than the AVIC. That said, it's a tech thing that helps to move and establish a brand...

I can't imagine we are talking about anything short of a small dev effort (I've done a decent number of SW dev efforts in the Linux and Win communities)...

Jason - no dig at all intended - I keep searching for things for this iPad thing - and there is so far quite little...

iPad has no real support as you know... :-(

Thats because at this point Apple does not intend for the iPad to have external unit remote control through the dock connector as the iPod does.

Apple's intentions are thankfully not really what will happen in the real world. I can thank my ability to record videos on my iPhone (3G) for the last few years to that...

The Z110 has been out for like a year, which means it was designed 12-18 months before that. Hard to expect it to work with something that was top secret until a few months ago and doesn't mount in a car easily or fit in a glove box. Hacks will come I am sure, but not until more people that give a crap can afford an ipad

Well that looks like the hardware info. Im referring to the software protocol. And as soon as you start making intelligent statements I wont feel the need to respond.

The Z110 has been out for like a year, which means it was designed 12-18 months before that. Hard to expect it to work with something that was top secret until a few months ago and doesn't mount in a car easily or fit in a glove box. Hacks will come I am sure, but not until more people that give a crap can afford an ipad

Now moving way off topic - the iPad and iPhone share most code. While had Pioneer gotten ++ with Apple (which Pioneer could have done), it didn't. The code has been there for the asking from Apple (to real firms such as Pioneer). It's been there for almost 2 yrs...

The external unit remote control protocol of the dock connector is not available for the iPad. Contrary to popular belief, the iPad is not exactly and big iPod Touch. In certain areas of the device, the software is restricted. Like that of the software that controls the dock connector of the iPad. This is now the second time I have had to explain that to you.

Thats because at this point Apple does not intend for the iPad to have external unit remote control through the dock connector as the iPod does.
Well that looks like the hardware info. Im referring to the software protocol. And as soon as you start making intelligent statements I wont feel the need to respond.

I thought I have been making intelligent statements - and yours such as viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32676 this thread show a very clear picture.

As this forum is now very moderated and censored - I'm guessing you won't leave that link here - but who knows....