AVIC411.com

X920BT will not use my HOV / carpool restricted road

I live in Arlington, VA and I-66 near DC is HOV only eastbound in the morning and westbound in the evening. My X920BT won't put me on the road, in either direction, even if it's not a restricted time. I've set the route options to ignore "time restrictions" and still nothing. I've had this issue in the past with portable gps but there's almost always been a setting that allows the road to be used.

Anyone have a similar issue? Am I overlooking a fix for this?

I know my friend's factory nav in his 2009 CRV is the same way. Even if he ignores it and gets onto 66 it will try to re-route him until it finally give up and actually terminates the route.

My X910 uses 66 just fine. I cant say for sure whether it obeys the time restrictions or not but i know it definitely tells me to take 66 on a regular basis (inside the beltway)

Thanks, I had an F90BT a while back and that used 66 fine too. I guess I'll put in a tech support request with Pioneer and hold out hope they fix this in an update some day. The older nav was a lot nicer for the most part. It's a shame...

• 1 month later...

I think this is the crummy TeleAtlas / Tom Tom navigation software. This is the one huge downside with this unit, IMO. I live in MD and traveled to Toronto this past week by car. My standalone Garmin had the trip 2 hours shorter than every route selectable on the Pioneer. Huge difference, obviously. The main issue was the Pioneer refused to recognize the use of Route 15, no matter what options I picked. Also, the unit refuses to use basic streets around my home, such that I could be 10 minutes from home and the unit says 30 minutes and wants to route me the longest way possible. The streets are in the unit, but it refuses to use them for some reason. Dumb software.

VERY FRUSTRATING! I'm contemplating returning it. Kenwood uses Garmin. Should never have bitten on the Amazon gold box deal, I think. I do like everything else about the unit, though.