AVIC411.com

I broke the mic jack!!!

Friends, I broke the mic input jack on my f700bt. No matter what I do I can’t get it to pick up the mic for voice transmission. Any quick fix for this without sending it back to Pioneer? I did a stupid thing to cause this problem so if I have to pay for it then I will but send me all your advice first…

Sense your out of warranty it may be advantageous to try to fix this yourself. If the female mic port is broken you may be able to purchase a new one at Radio Shack. A simple solder job should remedy this. Other wise a trip to Pioneer service is going to be required at your expense.

You physically broke it? Or you shorted something out and now it just wont pic up sound through the jack?

What is the nature of the "stupid" thing you did to cause the problem?

First of all I used a reducer so I could make use of a 2.5 pin; this made the male pen about two inches long. I Pulled the unit out without disconnecting the reducer from the mic input; tension on that long extension caused the crack in the jack housing. I should have disconnected everything completely.