AVIC411.com

Parking break connection for Bypass

So I've finally finished connecting everything for my avic X910bt, and started up the car(Lexus SC300) to see if everything works, and everything does except the ipod Video doesn't show up. The audio plays for it but not the video, this is when it's in park too. However the DVD does show video and audio when in park, but not when driving above 5 or so mph. So I guess I didn't do the bypass correctly. I was a little unclear on how to ground the parking break I took a pic of how I connected the handbrake to the ground. I don't think it's the right spot. Also, I haven't done the software bypass, only the hardware. Please Help!

Thanks

post-43622-12872762519082_thumb.jpg

post-43622-12872762527379_thumb.jpg

post-43622-12872762536464_thumb.jpg

I grounded those too, but yea I decided not to bypass the unit. So thanks for the attempts to help!

HOWEVER, When I turn the car on, there is an annoying hissing frequency coming out of the speakers, it gets even worse when you push the rear climate button. Yet, when just the electronics are on, It's fine and doesn't make the hissing. Any ideas, I think I'm going to have somebody look at the car and see what it is.

ONe more thing, the Screensaver..I made a custom loading screen and looks great in the preview, but when the unit is loading it makes it all tiny? Why, is anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks alot guys!

i dont think anybody decides to not do the bypass....they just fail at the attempt....its not that hard man...people were clowning on me in here for asking stupid questions before i got any of my install parts, but once i got it all, it all made sense and was easy.....did you move the mute wire to the new location too?

So I was trying to get rid of the hissing static by changing the ground(picture #2) and I used a clip to go in between the washers and apparently the bypass works now. However the ipod video still doesn't work no matter the situation. So I guess when I'm getting some filters to address the hissing I'll buy another ipod cable and see if that is the reason the ipod video does not work.