AVIC411.com

X920 Intermitent "Pop" in amps when starting th car

I have a 2005 mustang and I have install a X920BT with a PAC C2R-FRD1 adapter, since I have a shaker 500 I have used the Blue/white wire to connect to the "Amp turn on" wire of he PAC.

Now, when I start the car I sometime loud "Pop" in the subs, what is bizzare is that it's not doing it if I go from off to "ACC" or to "Run"(but not starting the car), I can go from "Off" to all these position and there's no POP. But when I Start the car (cranking the starter) sometimes I have a loud "POP".

I know the Ford amps requires 5V amp turn on voltage. According to the documentation the radio supplies 12V on the Blue/white wire but the PACmodule is supposed to bring this voltage down to 5V according to the documentation

Any idea what could cause that "POP" ? It's only when I start.

Thanks,

I understand that, but also read hat using the PAC C2R-FRD1 adapter this mod was not required !

Also it's seem to be intermitent because it's not doing it all the time, it's mostly if the car has not been started for a couple of hours.

After it has done it once if I try to start the car 2-3 time in a 5 minutes period it's not doing it anymore, it will only do it later or the next day.

I could always try to use a voltage regulator before the PAC adapter, but it would defeat the purpose of using this expensive adaptor.....

The module also provide the Delay for accessories and keep the radio ON during that delay, also provide illumination and VSS signal all of this through the CANBUS

Any other idea ???

Hmm, I don't know. That sounds strange, I would hook up a volt meter to the amp turn on and see if the PAC Module is actually bringing it down to 5 volts every time. Maybe the module is letting 12 volts slip by sometimes?

Although to be honest, I've never used the PAC module on a S197. I've always just used the regular cheap harness.