AVIC411.com

I unplugged my camera while unit on...Stuck on Rear Cam

Hi,

I searched all the forum for a fix for this but could not find this same issue.

I have an F900BT with no mods and installed correctly (worked for over a year like butter). When I bought the unit it came with a free back-up camera so I hooked it up to the back of the unit but tucked the camera under my passenger seat (I drive a Scion Xa so it's a bit pointless). The reverse violet and white cord is not grounded or hooked to a power supply. Camera is not hooked up to power.

Anyway, on a long trip I decided to start playing around and unplugged the camera. The screen went to the "Caution: Image may be reversed" screen that I see many posts about. The radio stopped working, no response from touching the screen. Thats where it's currently stuck.

When I reset it shows the initial splash image and then goes right to the warning screen. It flickers once and then is semi-frozen on the same "Image reversed screen". The eject CD button works and the CD will play and volume will work for the CD but nothing else. I read you can push the MAP and MENU button over and over and eventually get the MENU screen. I pushed 1500 times and nothing happens. I restarted the system and tried different button combinations an lengths of pushes. I can get the system to start up in what looks like a "safe-mode" (colors change like the system is sleeping, pushing reset and eject button). This does not change what happens during start up.

I tried grounding the violet and white wire and then I tried supplying 9V of power to the same wire...no change. If I supply power to the camera it works, but I'm still stuck. I also tried using the SD card with an update to see if it reads it but nothing changes on start up.

If I push the RESET, EJECT, MENU and MAP buttons I'll get the blue screen that prompts me to restart.

Sorry about all the information, I've read posts where people have similar problems and are asked to change settings or something similar. I'd love to be able to go into the settings and change them but can't get there.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I've missed something. Thanks.

With the description, it sounds like that the unit's input from the purple back-up detection is stuck in the ON state (live unplugging of the camera), so irrespective of what you are trying to do (VDC or grounding), the unit always detects that you are backing up.

If this is the case and your unit is out of warranty, the only option that you have is to try to get help from some technical masters in this forum capable of modifying the binary image of the A/V part of the Pioneer software (or MainMenu.exe or some DLL files), to instruct the unit to always detect an OFF state from the purple wire.

One forum member called carver had modified the binary code to remove the navigation nag screen so he might be able to help you out, but I don't know if he is still around ... some is saying that he is hacking the russian government for the NATO or something at this time :lol:

Try to page him anyway!

• 11 months later...