AVIC411.com

So ive been looking all over the forum trying to find similar situations but cant find any. i did the bypass about 3 weeks ago and everything was good. it worked fine with no issues up until 2 days ago when it started to flash the message of improper connection of parking brake. when i checked settings it said parking brake is applied and i checked my connections and they are all solid on ground. any suggestions from anyone what it might be?

• 1 month later...

ok so im back having this problem again! i changed the ground locations for a 3RD time. the ground is good it is straight on body, and i did a test where i touched the bypass ground wire to the harness ground wire. when they dont touch the screen throws the "cannot view in front seat..." when they touch it is fine. the nav settings read parking brake is applied. but when i go in motion the video cuts off and the messege "connot view in front seat...." comes on. i did the firmware update a wile back and i have not installed the new maps upgrade so what is going on any help?

Are you using the same ground for all wires? Or different grounds for everything? I have one ground running from my HU into the harness. The parking break, "mute wire" for bypass, and ground are all soldered together and connect via one wire to ground, ensuring that the ground reference for all 3 wires is the same.

If you're using multiple chassis grounds then there could be a slight voltage drop on one of the wires thus throwing off the HU. Use a single ground and that should take care of your problems...solder things together if you can rather than using wire nuts or something similar.

Also it appears there is a software fix for the Z110 that addresses some parking brake issues. Might want to put that on if you haven't already.

Jared

i havent solderd the wires together yet i was trying to avoid it because i would have to disconnect my remote wire for my system to take the harness out of the car and bring it in to solder. i cant run an extension cord to the car either being i am staying in the barracks on a military base and arent close enough to run any cables to a car for power. i have the brake wire and the mute wire spliced together running to one ground point and the harness ground wire running to the exact same location. i guess ill splice all three cables into one and see how that turns out...

ok back to this again. after being annoyed at this stupid shit all morning i decided to open the harness and pull the mute wire again. i read through some other post and thought maybe the wire in the harness came loose or something. so if thats what ur refering to vblue yes ur right. i tightened down the connector so when the harness is in the contacts ar tighter and now it seems to be working. lets see how this hold up n a few miles.appriciate the help if you offered some. ultimately my laziness got me cause i didnt wanna touch the harness.