AVIC411.com

2007 Tahoe Install Tips - any appreciated

I just bought a '07 Tahoe w/o Bose and "need" to install an in dash nav/dvd system. Based on the reviews of the AVIC Z models I was able to find a new 110 model from an authorized dealer for less than $900 and the whole enchilada for $1250 - I "had" to buy it, it was the only responsible thing to do.

Below is what I have an order and would like any advice from folks who have done this install before. Thanks in advance.

Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Pioneer CD-IU50V - ipod interface

PAC SWI-PS - steering wheel interface

Pioneer ND-BC4 - backup cam

PAC OS-3 - onstar kit

and the Metra 95-3305 Double DIN dash kit

Especially about running the wire for the backup cam or any other installation specifics

Hey,

I just did an install on my 2010 Tahoe with EXACTLY the same components. I mounted my reverse camera above the licence plate on the same piece that the licence plate lights are. Take the time to run the wire with the stock harness. I chose to run it up the passenger side. The only plastic i had to take off there were the 2 door sill pieces (you can just slip the rest of the wire underneath all the interior pieces) . The camera wire will run up to the front passenger door sill and that's where you'll have to put the filter, then it's a piece of cake to the dash. Be careful when putting the unit in the dash; the harness (when looking at the back of unit, it's the right side) may hit a piece of plastic at the back of the dash, I had to cut this out so I didn't wreck it. Do you have a drop down rear DVD system?

Mike

• 6 months later...

I'm planning on installing a X920BT in my 2007 tahoe. I have the PAC-OS4. Have you guys had any trouble fitting the unit and all the wires into the dash? Did you have to cut anything out? If you have any pictures that would be awesome. Thanks for any help!

Its a little difficult. I cut some of the plastic out from behind the unit to make it easier for my z120bt install. Also there are plastic pieces under dash just foward of the center console that open up so you can stick your hand up behind the headunit to feed the wires down. I also put all my PAC modules in that area as well.