AVIC411.com

About to get a N3 need opinions

Hey guys i have been on here a while and am trading my Avic-D3 for a N3. now i need to know are there grounding issues on these units too? its gonna go in my dodge truck and all im going to use it for is the stock infinity system and get the steering controls box for it. So i probably wont be using any of the RCAs just the stock harness. But what all should i know about these units? good?bad?

Hey guys i have been on here a while and am trading my Avic-D3 for a N3. now i need to know are there grounding issues on these units too? its gonna go in my dodge truck and all im going to use it for is the stock infinity system and get the steering controls box for it. So i probably wont be using any of the RCAs just the stock harness. But what all should i know about these units? good?bad?

I had an N3 for about a year and a half. I just upgraded to an N5. What I can say was good about the N3 is that I had no hardware or software issues with it. It was pretty stable.

From what I've seen, the D3 is like a double DIN version of the N5 as far as the interfaces look.

The TWO most annoying things about the N3 was the touch screen responsiveness. It's not as snappy or responsive as newer units, so you may have to press something 2 or 3 times before it responds, or hold your finger on the screen longer than you normally would.

The other MOST annoying thing was the ipod interface, it is VERY, VERY basic. If you have an ipod with a lot of music on it, organized or not, be prepared to be scrolling down page after page after page, and lastly there is no direct VIDEO with the CD-ID100II, so even though you have have videos on your ipod and a "multi-media" navigation system you can't watch them UNLESS you buy a separate standard rca out cable and put it into the AV1 input in the N3.

Granted while the N5's interface is somewhat better and allows video ipod output, it is still not advanced enough to have practical usage with large storage of music files.