AVIC411.com

PAC Pioneer Sony Steering Wheel Interface SWI-PS SWIPS

After having my Z1 from 2006 im getting tired of my Pioneer cheap little remote so I found out that pac makes a controller that ties into the Factory Oem controls on the wheel. Has anybody added this on there Toyota product or how hard is the install? From what i know It ties into 3 wires from the radio wiring. Thanks on any information you can share My pac comes in next week can't wait to ditch this add on from Pioneer.

i will be adding the right side bluetooth controls because there is an add on mod from Toyota on the blanks on the right hand side..

DSC00679.jpg

They are pretty straight forward and easy to install.... You just have to read the instructions carefully, and look for any special notes for your car...

IMO... the SWI-X is better.... you'll just have to find a good location for the IR sensor.... You can program the Voice command button with the SWI-X as well...

This is where I put mine in my Tundra

IMG_0219_1.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

I've seen your install from ts.com a wile back Thanks. May i ask why you didn't hard wire vs the sensor you used ?? Mainly i didn't want the delay on the remote sensor like i have now with the Pioneer remote. I did a z1 crewmax install when the Tundra came out in 2007 from a friends truck and we were the first to install it but I didn't know enought about pac at the time otherwise it would have been installed. I love the Z1 and sold my friends on it but I like to incorperate Factory Oem look. If i dont like this Pac model I'll update it. Mainly looking for something to control bluetooth and audio I rarely use the voice commands but if i can retain that on the right side it would be nice too. I have to add the right controls which includes bluetooth hang up and voice from the sienna and other toyota model. I have the newest Pac 1.78 edition and it includes bt controls.

This is the part for most Toyota and Lexus model (03-2010)

picture below is the right side blank (lexus Gx470) and it's prewired on all Toyota if your's has the radio controls on the left. I know for 2007-up Tundras it's a new design But Toyota still retains those controls on most model's.

2007-Lexus-GX470-11.jpg

The main reason why I chose the SWI-X was that I was moving my Z2/3 from my old Chevy to my new Toyo.... and I wanted the Voice command.... I had issues with my PAC SWI-PS, and the VC was a bonus....

I had absolutely no issues with the SWI-X, and the lag was not noticable over the SWI-PS...when the SWI-PS decided to work...<--granted it was the older "black box" unit....<---I'm sure they are better now-a-days.....

Seriously, I don't think there was any more lag with the IR, than with the hardwire SWI-PS...

The only bad thing about the SWI-X, is that they don't give you much length for the IR... probably to cut down on any lag.... But hell, it managed to reach the center console of my Tundra, so I can imagine it to be do-able with any other car...

Note that I DID have to use the steering wheel remote from Pioneer, to be able to program the SWI-X, for VC.... I believe it's the VC1??? It was the only remote(at that time) that had the VC button....

IMG_0223.jpg

LOL Nice 4 wheeler and you drive a Tundra sweet ride. Im mostly into Sportbikes thats me below @ Road Atlanta

YeH... I stay away from sport bikes..... as I was raised on MotoX and quads.... I still hurt myself on my quad... and as I'm getting older, I'm finding it easier to do...so I'm trying like hell to get rid of it....

I have no clue as to what blinkers or speed limits are for.... I only know WOT when it comes to bikes....

I ride too hard for a street bike, and would kill myself or other people, and why I've given it up... I use to rock a 954RR(honda...I know)

I do rock a Tundra.... pretty damn fast truck..... love it...

2nd

LOL Nice 4 wheeler and you drive a Tundra sweet ride. Im mostly into Sportbikes thats me below @ Road Atlanta

YeH... I stay away from sport bikes..... as I was raised on MotoX and quads.... I still hurt myself on my quad... and as I'm getting older, I'm finding it easier to do...so I'm trying like hell to get rid of it....

I have no clue as to what blinkers or speed limits are for.... I only know WOT when it comes to bikes....

I ride too hard for a street bike, and would kill myself or other people, and why I've given it up... I use to rock a 954RR(honda...I know)

I do rock a Tundra.... pretty damn fast truck..... love it...

when I used to be on ts.com we got invited from Sparks Toyota to test there first new 5.7 liter s/c Tundra and Jamie@ sparks and me went on a test drive . I have to say that truck snapped my neck in half but I liked the power and the sound so i know it all too well :) . I used to be pretty active with the Tundra group but got out because of bad site politicis. Tundras are cool trucks on my second and had them when they came out in 2000 and waiting on the 3gen when that comes out in a few more year's.

Heres the 2nd gen we tested out