AVIC411.com

Power down the unit? and other observations

Hi All, I have one question at this time after using the z110bt for a few days now. How do you power off the unit without shutting the car off. What I mean is that with a normal stereo system you can hit a button and the system powers down and turns off completely. How do you do that with the z110bt. I know how to mute it, and also to turn off the av source, and even hold the home button to turn off the screen, but is there one button you can push to turn it off completely?

Below are some of my other observations with the unit.

Luck to all, and thanks.

Had a few days since the install to actually use the z110bt, and find it to be an awsome unit with a bunch of features. I plugged an 8gb usb thumb drive into the input with over 2000 songs in 27 folders and it works perfectly allowing me to view all the folders and tracks. The sound quality is also excellant using 128 rate on most tracks. Also wanted to customize the splash screen, so I put some picts on a 1 gb micro sd card with a sd adapter and after realizing that you must create a "pictures" folder on the root menu, was able to get my picture of choice on the splash scree on bootup. Was also happy to find that I didn't have to leave the card in to still have the picture on bootup. It's in the z110 memory now. Used the nav system a few times and found it to be very accurate. Voice commands took some getting used to and I found myself not waiting for the chime before speaking, that doesn't work, but if I remember to wait for the chime before speaking the command it most of the time understands me, which is more than my wife does. She chimes in all the time. [just a little humor] hope she doesn't read this. I asked it to find the nearest poi a few times and it worked flawlessly. Paired my Motorola v9 to the BT and it worked well with excellant voice quality on both ends, although importing the contacts to the z110 confused me a bit. But it seems they are there when the phone is paired. All In All I think this is a very good unit. I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima with the oem nav and I believe the z110bt has better features and is more accurate. Not downing the Nissan, just stating that for my uses I believe the z110 to be better.

If I recall correctly, there is the "Off" button on the bottom right corner while on the AV Source screen, if I recall correctly, but it just puts the hu into a standby mode becuase it will still display the time and the button to turn it back on across the top of the black lit screen.