AVIC411.com

I just installed my Z110BT, everything seems to work, CD, IPOD and HD radio but the regular AM or FM are both grayed out. Does this have something to do with HD radio being installed. On my old F series and D3 I had both, HD radio and regular AM and FM. Any suggestions? :shock:

Thank you

I took photos of the back of my F900 series and my new Z110BT, should I post these photos for people who are thinking about upgrading from a F series to a Z110 or Z120? It shows the different connections needed. Basically the RCA connection cable was the only major change, the harness from the F900 plugged right into the Z110Bt. The other issue I had was the mute cable was connected on the F900 series but needed to disconnected with the Z110BT or the att was always on. VR works much better, screen touches are immediate. I'm happy with it. :roll:

I just installed my Z110BT, everything seems to work, CD, IPOD and HD radio but the regular AM or FM are both grayed out. Does this have something to do with HD radio being installed.:shock:

Yes, FM/AM is now on your HD tuner.

for people that don't have XM it is well worth it. But if you XM, you're going to most likely be listening to that most of the time, since you're paying for it.

The HD box is only like 100 bucks it's not that much.

i love my xm and yes i mostly listen to it but i dont mind putting in the 100 or so to get it just want to know if it is worth it what does it really do do you notice a drastic difference over the normal radio? again sorry for the questions just there is not much to read about this feature

I previously had XM radio on my Avic-D2 in my old car but then I canceled the subscription because I got a new vehicle and upgraded to the Z110BT. I left the XM component in my old car so I no longer had it. Now not having it, Yes i think XM radio is well worth it and I definitely should not have canceled the subscription.

I got HD Radio installed when I got my Z110BT instead since it was free. BUT, HD radio is worthless unless you live in certain bigger cities (google HD radio stations to find how many your city has) and have a lot of HD radio stations. I did not do this prior to installing this component so now I have an option of three HD radio stations which are all equally terrible music and will never ever ever use until my area (Lafayette, LA) gets more of these stations so I just use the FM function from within HD radio (since AM/FM is turned off).

i love my xm and yes i mostly listen to it but i dont mind putting in the 100 or so to get it just want to know if it is worth it what does it really do do you notice a drastic difference over the normal radio? again sorry for the questions just there is not much to read about this feature

No, there is no drastic difference over normal radio. If anything, when it switches from normal to "HD" I can hear the radio station volume automatically turn lower once it fully switches over.