AVIC411.com

Keeping Hope Alive - Pandora!!

Hey Everybody,

Was just contemplating what everyone's thoughts might be on the future of WinMo 6.5 phones, Pandora, and Pioneer putting it all together and allowing the rest of us to enjoy the benefits..

I will preface this by saying...I actually considered thinking about getting a new iPhone 4G just so I could use Pandora..LOL!! I know, I know...Seems like an expensive and albeit dumb option just to use Pandora in the car. Why not just dump the phone/carrier you have now and move to an iPhone you may ask?

Well, I really don't have a problem with the phone and service I already have..(HTC TouchPro 2) + (Sprint). I like the phone, the features, and the productivity value. Plus, Sprint isn't so horrible. I mean..$99 for the Simply Everything plan!! Seems like a deal to me when with AT&T and the iPhone, you have to modularly put your plan together and in the end, most likely end up paying more for a full blown service plan. Maybe?../shrugs shoulders

So why consider getting the iPhone for JUST Pandora?? Well, it wouldn't be for JUST that in the end, but you're right..Why pay for two phone plans? So, I have decided to hold out and hope technology, software, and the services catch up here in the next year or so..

I see, that Pandora has made their service available on some of the WinMo phones with more to come in the future. Guess that means that the Microsoft store will eventually offer it as an Application (Currently $9.99/Mo on selected phones) <--- WTF?!?!?!

So, I guess the final piece of the puzzle would be Pioneer implementing a software upgrade and possibly updating the Pioneer Link app so that it would be functional over the head unit? Maybe??

All, in all...it would really be nice, and I would like to think that this might be something to look forward to..(As well as improved GPS mapping resources) <-- heheheheh :wink:

So what are your thoughts? Think this is a possibility for the future of WinMo and Pioneer? Thanks for the comments..

Peace ~ HFoM

So what are your thoughts? Think this is a possibility for the future of WinMo and Pioneer?

No. I think it is safe to say that the Android OS will be the next option Pioneer may explore, if that. These companies really don't have the resources to support every platform so they opt for the most popular. Hence the iPhone. I think that WinMo phones aren't making a lot of noise in popularity when you have Android and the iPhone stealing all of the glory. And these two platforms are only going to get saturate more of the market over time leaving the others behind.