AVIC411.com

Looking for Suggested EQ settings for X920BT

Hello All,

First timer on here and First timer with a Pioneer NV unit.

I have installed many radios and such and really finding it to be a pain at the moment getting this system to sound real good. Was looking for some standard suggestions as good starting point for a sold sound.

Current Setup:

HU: X920BT

AMP: Alpine PD5

Subs: MTX 4500 10"

Internals: Infinity Perfects

Info I am looking for is really, what should amp gains and freq be set near and EQ settings on radio (hpf, sub etc...)

Thank you all....

Also this is one amazing radio.

Synr

That's a hard question to answer, first, because it depends on what gear you have, second, because it depends on what vehicle you have it in, third, it depends on what kind of music you listen to, and finally because everyone's ears are different and what sounds good to, for example, me, won't to you. Not that any of us could tell over the internet in the first place.

If you've never done it before, or this unit at least is new to you then I strongly recommend you seek out a local car audio shop (try to avoid the big-box stores), pay them $30 to $50, and have them break out their test tone disks and multi-meters to tune it right for you. Most of them will let you watch and learn along the way since it's your ears they are tuning to, and doesn't take long. I did that with mine even though I've installed lots of car stereos, including my x920bt with an amp, sub, and new speakers. Sometimes it's just good to get another set of ears, especially ones that tune amps for a living, to listen in and help.

Now that I've done that I know what to do to tweak it further should the urge strike me.