AVIC411.com

OK I have a weird problem when I put the car in reverse the cam does not come on. It was working normally for 2 years. The only way it comes on is if I press the source button and hit backup camera on the screen. When the car is put in reverse it says the input signal is high but the camera does not come on. In the map screen where you can choose view modes the rear cam option is not available. please help?

• 1 month later...

I would start with checking the wire that senses reverse. I don't recall what type of signal it receives (ground or 12v). If it's not getting either, it's not going to change the screen when you reverse. Just remembered, somewhere in the settings you can also change the way it receives the signal that your vehicle is in reverse.

If it was me, I would see if it was set to + or -. Then I could find that wire, remove it and hook a corresponding source.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would start with checking the wire that senses reverse. I don't recall what type of signal it receives (ground or 12v). If it's not getting either, it's not going to change the screen when you reverse. Just remembered, somewhere in the settings you can also change the way it receives the signal that your vehicle is in reverse.

If it was me, I would see if it was set to + or -. Then I could find that wire, remove it and hook a corresponding source.

This worked for me - thanks for the info. Had to get a new battery last night and things with the camera stopped working. Could not remember where those setting were!

Chris

• 2 months later...

You have to do this everytime you have a battery event as well