AVIC411.com

Question about installing f90bt

I finished all the wire connections except for the black one. According to the install manual, I am supposed to ground the black wire from the power cord. On the other wire harness that I connect to my car (Metra 70-1725), there is also a black ground wire. Do i just tape that up or do i ground that too? Also for the bypass, can i just splice the parking wire and mute wire and ground that? or do i have to get the wire tap thing. In another install, I saw someone connect the black wire from the power cord to the black wire from the wire harness. Which one is the correct way, or which method should i use?

cliffs: Should I ground light green, mute wire, black wire from power cord, black wire from wire harness all to the chassis independently?

or

Should i splice all those wires to the ground wire and ground the black wire?

or

Should i connect the two black wires and ground the light green and mute wire?

The black wire on the harness usually connects to the harness ground which would be the black wire on the factory harness. However this ground is not always reliable and you should also ground the headunit using a secondary ground wire run between the chassis of the headunit (theres a screw hole on the back top of the unit specifically for this) and a piece to somewhere which has good contact with the bare metal of the chassis.