AVIC411.com

auto antenna wire (necessary?)

I have read about the hack with the auto antenna wire, which I want to do. But does this mean that it is not necessary to hook up? Why does nobody ever seem to hook it up? Will performance of anything suffer because it is not connected? I just bought the D1 and I am about to put it in my 1999 Lexus GS400, does anyone know if I should connect the auto wire in my car? Thanks

If your car has a power antenna or a glass mount antenna then you're going to have to hook that wire up. Otherwise feel free to rip it out and use it for the bypass. Worse comes to worse I have plenty of extra pioneer harnesses laying around I could easily send ya a ground pin.

Hey ...

Let me know if I did this right..

my antenna is the kind that is embedded in the glass like the rear defroster. I attached the blue power antenna wire from the Avic z1 to the corresponding blue power antenna wire on the wiring harness for my WRX did I do that right?

Any help is great thanks guys....

Shruggerx

Hey ...

Let me know if I did this right..

my antenna is the kind that is embedded in the glass like the rear defroster. I attached the blue power antenna wire from the Avic z1 to the corresponding blue power antenna wire on the wiring harness for my WRX did I do that right?

Any help is great thanks guys....

Shruggerx

Yes that would be correct.

If your car has a power antenna or a glass mount antenna then you're going to have to hook that wire up. Otherwise feel free to rip it out and use it for the bypass. Worse comes to worse I have plenty of extra pioneer harnesses laying around I could easily send ya a ground pin.

You don't happen to have an extra nav antenna or rca harness laying around for a d2 do you??? :D