AVIC411.com

Voice and Language Problem

Hi,

I currently own a US F900BT but have aus maps on it. One thing that annoys me is the US accents though. I have access australian voice and language files and have tried to put them on the unit to no avail. Am I able to simply add more voices to the list? I currently have the aus language file and aus languages in the correct directory but the aus language and voices do not appear in the list. I assume this is because of the US version.

so... I tried to trick the unit into thinking that the aus voices were infact us. I opened the voices info.ini file and changed the languages to us and also the files names from aus-m1, aus m2 etc to us-m1, us-m2. I altered the default Jason voice to us-m3 and also changed the names inside the corresponding info.ini files. However they still do not appear in the voice list? Is this voice list controlled by some other file? Does it not dynamically grab the voices in the voices directory or what. I would really like to get this working if anybody has any info on the situation.

So nobody can tell me how i can add more voices to the voice list? obviously i can keep jason there and just replace the .oog files inside the zip file but id rather have the ability to keep the original jason voice and also choose others

Hmm I have definitely put it in there. The problem i have however is that I am running the Asutralian maps update skin that is based of dafita. When i go into regional settings i can see the language and voice iptions but clicking on them doesnt do anything. They are the same as what the units voice is set to (through system settings).

Why is is that they will appear in regional settings but not system settings?

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm I have definitely put it in there. The problem i have however is that I am running the Asutralian maps update skin that is based of dafita. When i go into regional settings i can see the language and voice iptions but clicking on them doesnt do anything. They are the same as what the units voice is set to (through system settings).

Why is is that they will appear in regional settings but not system settings?

I have a similar problem to this. I have messed around with installing/deleting voice files and it seems that the options you select from Regional Settings doesn't really reflect what files you actually have in place.

To get my voice guidance working I had to edit my SYS.txt and either point it to the voice file and lang i wanted, or the other way is to see what the sys.txt file is pointing to, and then go and rename your files to whatever sys.txt is referring to.

The built in regional list doesn't seem to read what files you have...it gives me a list of approx 20 voices, but i have 85 files. I have a total of 6 english voices (2 male, 2 female and 2 tts)...yet the list only shows me Philippa. I don't even have Philippa!!!

It gives me Samantha TTS (which is a US voice i think), but if i select this it doesn't work!!

All very confusing and useless if you ask me.

I am very reluctant to change my regional settings now, as I've forced the SYS.TXT to the voice that i can cope with. If i change it via Regional Settings it then all goes pear shaped and I have to do a restore to factory settings again (which forces my SYS.TXT to kick in).