AVIC411.com

Should we start an official Z120 problems list. I actually have a Z110 upgrade to a 120 but I'm assuming most of the problems and issues people are having would be along the same lines. I'll start with a few things that are bugging me.

1. Head unit no longer remembers that I had the ipod set to shuffle after turning off my vehicle. With the Z110 software once I set the ipod to shuffle on a particular set list it would remember to stay on shuffle the next time I fired up the unit.

2. I am certainly having more ipod freezing issues with the new 120 upgrade compared to the 110. Sometimes the ipod catalog VR updating starts at random times long after the vehicle and head unit have been running. The only way to correct things is to unplug the ipod and do a hard reset of the ipod and then plug back in.

3. If you turn the car off while a video is running from the ipod there is a very good chance the ipod will be frozen with a black screen when you come back to the vehicle at a later time...again, a hard ipod reboot and unpluggin the ipod is the only cure I've found.

4. During ipod playback, when you press the artist name it brings you to the artists section, when you press the songs it brings you to your entire songs library list....the thing that I don't like is that it always brings you to the very beginning of the list starting with everything that begins with the letter "A". My recommendation, to make it more like an ipod, would be if I am listening to a Beatles song and I press the artists name on the screen it should bring me to the Artists section not at the letter A (very beginning of the list) but rather to the Beatles section....etc. When you touch the album title or the album cover art it should bring up a list of all the songs on that particular album...again not bring you back to the first album on your ipod that most likely starts with the letter "A". If I have to listen to "Take on Me" by A-ha one more time when I plug in my ipod and the damn VR catalog updates itself and I'm locked out of the controls I am going to scream!

5. Bring back "Shuffle All".

6. When you have a playlist on Shuffle the "price is right" wheel should tell you what the next song will be (down arrow) and the up arrow should show you the song that was last played when on shuffle. The "nameless arrows" when on shuffle mode are lame and the inability to "spin the wheel" is annoying when on shuffle.

7. Has anyone been able to keep their eco graph in the green for any extended amount of time? What a joke...enough said.

8. Pioneer needs to drop their contract with Tom Tom and move to Garmin, Google or basically any other map company that can do this better....either that or they let the Tom Tom map company (sorry, forgetting the name) fully unleash the power of their software...someone is dumbing this Navi down to the state of near worthlessness and this is really the biggest sore spot from a very reputable company on a head unit that cost as much as my car did in college. Seriously, fix the Nav on this thing pioneer and ditch the BS eco graph and music sphere crap....by the way, I just love how music sphere has chummed up my playlist...I appreciate the music sphere itself but I don't like how it has also made my playlist section full of all the garbage categories that appear in the sphere.

And to think I paid $217 for this upgrade....son of a #@

OK, my fingers are sore...your turn.

One more thing...and yeh, I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but if Pioneer can't fix the VR problem (hit the OK button on the Navi screen before your blue tooth phone connects) then they should make it so you only have to "agree to the terms" and press the "OK" button after initial installation and initial boot up and then never have to hit OK again. Could you imagine if you had to "agree to terms" everytime you used software on your computer? One click of the OK button and ONE agreement should be sufficient....especially if my VR for my phone contacts isn't going to work worth the crap if I don't catch the OK button before my phone syncs with the head unit.

Thanks for listening pioneer (and AVIC friends).

Have a great day!

One more thing...and yeh, I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but if Pioneer can't fix the VR problem (hit the OK button on the Navi screen before your blue tooth phone connects) then they should make it so you only have to "agree to the terms" and press the "OK" button after initial installation and initial boot up and then never have to hit OK again. Could you imagine if you had to "agree to terms" everytime you used software on your computer? One click of the OK button and ONE agreement should be sufficient....especially if my VR for my phone contacts isn't going to work worth the crap if I don't catch the OK button before my phone syncs with the head unit.

Thanks for listening pioneer (and AVIC friends).

Have a great day!

Number one complaint.... they had it right with the previous Z's(Z1-3).... I agree... one agreement after install or after every reset should be sufficient...

On your first post....

1)no problem here

2)no problem here

3)no problem here

4)totally agree

5)totally agree

6)totally agree

7)NA.... LOL... I haven't the slightest clue of what it's trying to tell me...LOL

8 )totally agree

9)no problem here.....200 bones is not a bad price for the amount of updates that you receive...

To add...

1)could switching views be any more of a PITA? it shouldn't be any more than a 2 button press

BTW - my ipod is the most recent 160 gb classic. Perhaps this is giving me the problems as mentioned in numbers 1 - 3 of my bitch list. The shuffle I can live with and maybe I need to make sure shuffle is turned on on the actual ipod. My biggest complaint would have to be the freezing of the ipod if I turn the vehicle and/or head unit off while I have a video playing from the ipod. I have to make sure to stop the video and switch back to music on the ipod before I shut off my car, otherwise there is a 99.9 percent chance the ipod will not work the next time I fire things up and it's back to the unplug, reboot, replug, restart the VR indexing crap all over again. Driving me nuts. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

I get really frustrated at the fact that when i have my usb drive hooked up to play videos, when i get out the car and come back in, sometimes the unit recognizes the device and sometimes it doesnt and i have to find the damn thing in the mass of wires and cables this thing comes with, and pull it out and connect it again. Ridiculous.

I also hate that when using my ipod, i have to plug the stupid little usb wire in to get it to work. Im coming from the AVIC D3 and all we needed was the ipod wire. I feel like im constantly fishing for wires and devices while im driving to switch back and forth between my usb and my ipod. And yes i know i can play videos from the ipod but its way more functional to play them from a usb device. i also like to save that space on my ipod to play actual music.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is when pluggin in an address for a route or picking a POI, i have to ok the route like 3 times before it sends me on my way. Like wtf, i jus plugged it in, obviously this is where i want to go. and NO i dont want a waypoint!

Other than that, i think the update was worth the money. i think i woulda paid anything for some newer maps. those old maps were the worst. I think the new update has slowed down the response time when the unit needs to recalculate the route. Like whenever, i happen to miss a turn or take a known shorter route, it takes the unit almost 10 seconds to recalculate. As old as the D3 is, it was much quicker. But it is what it is.

Thanks for this thread for giving me a chance to rant. :)