AVIC411.com

Pandora from Treo 800w? Also, no audio from IPOD/SIRI?

I have a Treo 800w with Pandora on it, will I be able to stream the pandora using bluetooth audio?

I'm assuming I won't be able to use the pandora link on the x920BT right off the system, but thought maybe using bluetooth audio it would work from my phone?

Also, when my guy installed, there is no audio coming from my IPOD or Sirius - both are connected and show songs, etc, but no audio. I am getting audio from DVD and from FM and BT. Is it an install issue, or is there something really stupid that I am missing?

From what I have read so far, when he comes to fix the audio, he will do the bypass, so will that allow DVD playback as well? Seems like it should.

Thanks in advance

Pandora streaming from my Treo 800w works through the BT Audio! Nothing generates on the Pioneer interface, all controls are on the phone, but it works.. Sweet

Installer is meeting me today to try and fix the IPOD/Sirius issue as well as the bypass.. Hope it all works..

Do you have the Pioneer iPod cable? The only way to get audio out of an iPod is with the Pioneer cable (or hooked up through Aux or BT). With only USB you'll get control of the iPod but no audio through the unit (or video.) With BT you'll get audio but no control from the HU.

Streaming audio over BT works (as you've found out :-))

When you bypass you'll get the ability to play DVDs and other video while in motion as well as access to punching in an address while driving...drive safe :-)

Jared

Just make sure he follows the bypass instructions on this site. It sounds like you don't have a competent installer in the first place because of the issues you are seeing now so I would "guide" him in the right direction if I were you and.

• 2 weeks later...

Got everything working today, my installer came over and hooked up the bypass (he put a switch in, so it can be turned on and off, doesn't sound like anyone else is using a switch). The ipod just needed the extra wire from the pioneer cable to the headphone jack in the ipod (duh) and then he had to correctly wire the sirius to get that to work. So all in all, I am pretty happy with everything now!

I'm not really sure why the switch. I showed the installer the posts on here and he was like oh ya, this will work well with the swtich. I think it was just his way of being able to charge me $40 bucks. He drove an hour to do it and an hour back so I was ok with it. But ya, no real reason for the switch, but it works so whatever.

What needs to be done differently for the ipod video to work? I have the pioneer cable, plugged in both the audio and the data cables - I don't think I will ever need to use Ipod video so I am not too worried about it I guess. Thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate it!

Now on to adding POI's maybe?

First you should get rid of your installer. Somehow I knew he was going to deviate and thats why I told you to specify to him to follow these instructions to the letter. But anyway you said that he connected the iPod through the headphone output. If you have the Pioneer cable, everything should be connected through that cable only. Also I am concerned about this switch. It is likely he followed the bypass instructions as dictated on here and just added a redundant and unnecessary switch but if he substituted something in the instructions with this switch your going to eventually have issues with the bypass. If you do, take it back to him and demand he follow the directions that he should have in the first place.

and then he had to correctly wire the sirius to get that to work.
strike one, was it the problem mentioned before or was it a complete failure on his part.

but if he substituted something in the instructions with this switch your going to eventually have issues with the bypass.
I do agree that adding unnecessary steps to the bypass that are not needed will add more thing that can go wrong and there isn't any reason that you would ever need to unbypass the system not too mention the extra part.
doesn't sound like anyone else is using a switch)

why would we, its not necessary, and too many people have problems getting the bypass to work properly all ready. strike two

But anyway you said that he connected the iPod through the headphone output. If you have the Pioneer cable, everything should be connected through that cable only.
The ipod just needed the extra wire from the pioneer cable to the headphone jack in the ipod (duh)

it shouldn't have anything plugged into the headphone jack of the ipod, the pioneer cable has a dock connector on one end and a USB and four pin 3.5mm jack on the other (both need to be connected to work, USB = control, and 3.5mm = audio AND video) there is sound that will come out of the head phone jack and using a standard aux cable will function but it is not coming from a straight audio signal (because the headphone jack runs through a volume adjuster with will affect the sound quality and not in a good way) not to mention if he used a aux cable, then there is no video being carried through a regular aux cable(there are 4pin aux cables, but the pin location has to be right, and i doubt he is that lucky) strike three.

He's worked on the car twice and its still not right, get him the fuck out of there, or he fixes it till he gets it right since you paid him twice now

take it back to him and demand he follow the directions that he should have in the first place.
you shouldn't be compensating him for any driving, he should be compensating you for your time for him to do the install three times)

my customers wouldn't accept that from me, and you shouldn't accept that from him. saving money on a boot leg installer, is never the worth the troubles it brings, always make sure your installer is qualified and knows about the stuff he is installing