AVIC411.com

iOS4 = Talk + Pandora (running in background)

I didn't see this posted... but with iOS4 and multi-tasking, I can talk while listening to Pandora in the background. The quality is not the best, but something... Personally is a big plus even quality is not the best.

To do this, just start your phone call and then move to the Pandora app and hit PLAY. Hope you enjoy! :D

Thanks for the tip.... Does this work when streaming over BT?

What's odd is that the IPod app sounds horrible when streaming via BT... versus Pandora...AOLRadio...Iheartradio...etc...

Especially, being that all the other apps are streaming over 3G.... Whereas the IPod app is playing local/native music stored on the IPhone itself....

Granted, I haven't tried with either IOS4 or the IP4.... but it was pretty nasty on my 3GS running 3.1.3.

Regardless... It makes both the 3GS and IP4 run up some scary temps

Two things..

1) My setup uses the iPhone cable when streaming sound to the unit normally (high quality). BUT I think when I did this, the audio stream went through BT streaming (which depends the profile use for streaming)...

2) To answer your question a little more directly, the sound output quality doesn't depends in 3G or not... The sound output to the HU is based on the BT profile being used... in my case I think both streams where sent through the "Phone" profile and not the "A2DP" profile.

What will be interesting to test is if I can quickly switch or keep Pandora through the cable connection while phone uses the BT profile. I don't think this will be possible though.