AVIC411.com

iPhone 4 issue when receiving a call via bluetooth

I first had an iPhone 3GS hooked up to the z110bt and had no problems making/receiving bluetooth phone calls. When I got my iPhone 4, I disconnected the iPhone 3GS bluetooth connection and "registered a new bluetooth device". As soon as I did it, my phone rang through my speakers and I picked up through the screen. Worked GREAT. Improved mic quality from the 3GS (at least thats what the person on the other end says). BUT as soon as I switched to phone or speakerphone (vs. bluetooth audio connection), it immediately starts ringing again like I never picked up the call! So when I don't want everyone else in the car listening to my conversation, I constantly hear the ringtone come out of my car speakers... anyone else having this problem or have a fix for it? I've already tried disconnected and re-registering the device...

• 1 month later...

yea i guess no one will with an avic-z110bt and an iphone 4 has yet to experience this but when i had my iphone 3GS it worked fine. But now it keeps ringing if it is on iPhone speaker or speakerphone. SO aggravating... obviously it's an iPhone 4 issue since it worked with my last iphone...

• 3 months later...

I also have this problem on z110bt with my iPone 4. I updated the firmware on it yesterday but have yet to test to see if it made a difference. Its weard though, I performed the update and it looked as if took but when I check the system information the firmware still shows 10000.00. If anybody has a fix for this that would be great.

I also have this problem on z110bt with my iPone 4. I updated the firmware on it yesterday but have yet to test to see if it made a difference. Its weard though, I performed the update and it looked as if took but when I check the system information the firmware still shows 10000.00. If anybody has a fix for this that would be great.

You updated which, the iPhone or the Z110? If the Z110, which update? 1.001,1.002, 2.000, 2.003? And where are you getting the version. The instructions tell you how to view the effective version.

You updated which, the iPhone or the Z110? If the Z110, which update? 1.001,1.002, 2.000, 2.003? And where are you getting the version. The instructions tell you how to view the effective version.

I updated the z110bt. Followed the instructions from Pioneer's website. Downloaded the update too from Pioneer's website. (1001.00) I didn't realize there were any others. If you have a link to the newest one that would be great.

I updated the z110bt. Followed the instructions from Pioneer's website. Downloaded the update too from Pioneer's website. (1001.00) I didn't realize there were any others. If you have a link to the newest one that would be great.

1.002 is ShortFuse's 'unauthorzed' patch to allow bootleg v2.xxx updates (bypasses validation of unique key from Pioneer). 1.001 is the right update for you.

So you followed Pioneer's instructions (below) on you got 1001.00? that's odd.

Check the version number of your current software by completing the following steps:

 Press the “HOME†key

 Select the “Settings†tab

ï‚· Select “System Settingsâ€

ï‚· Select “Service Informationâ€

 Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

If the “Application Version†shows 1.001000 or higher, then your AVIC-Z110BT is already equipped with

the latest software version and there is no need for this firmware update. If the “Application Version†shows

a version lower than 1.001000, please proceed.

Have you tried again?

1.002 is ShortFuse's 'unauthorzed' patch to allow bootleg v2.xxx updates (bypasses validation of unique key from Pioneer). 1.001 is the right update for you.

So you followed Pioneer's instructions (below) on you got 1001.00? that's odd.

Check the version number of your current software by completing the following steps:

 Press the “HOME†key

 Select the “Settings†tab

ï‚· Select “System Settingsâ€

ï‚· Select “Service Informationâ€

 Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

If the “Application Version†shows 1.001000 or higher, then your AVIC-Z110BT is already equipped with

the latest software version and there is no need for this firmware update. If the “Application Version†shows

a version lower than 1.001000, please proceed.

Have you tried again?

Yeah, all but that last step. I'm all squared away now though. Thank you for the help. Is there any advantage to installing the "bootleg" firmware updates?

• 1 month later...

I doubt that. Its not a problem on other units.

OK... then how come it worked fine on my 3gs with the same bluetooth/ios firmware and the only thing that changed was the phone that was connected to it (3GS -> 4)? Anyways, this original post was on the original firmware 1.000 -- I just completed the Z120 update though...

Now i'm on 2.003 using ShortFuse's cracked firmware/3.11 bluetooth firmware. I made a friend test call earlier and pick up with the nav screen and then switch to iphone speaker on the iphone 4 and... NO ringing! I -think- the bug is gone with the new updates. I updated screen firmware then bluetooth firmware immediately so i'm not sure which fixed it but it is definitely not ringing anymore when someone calls me and I pick up from my phone, then switch to phone speaker (on iphone 4). I will test more tomorrow and post a confirmation for all that have had this problem that the updates have in fact, fixed this bug.