AVIC411.com

Need PDX area installer to do my bypass

I just had my Z1 installed by a national retailer. They wouldn't do the bypass for me.

Looking for someone handy with these types of operations to do it for me.

Portland, Oregon area.

Unit manufactured 11/06 so it will need the two wire ground.

Reasonable fee of course.

Thanks

Well, after getting no response I did the bypass myself. Surprisingly easy. All is well and unit is fully functional when in motion.

Couple of side notes.

My HP6515 from Cingular paired up fine with the Bluetooth module and works better than the Nokia Bluetooth car kit I was using before. No echo for me. However, the phone will not "Register" with the Z1. HP6515 does not show up in the list when I try and register from the Z1. Not a big deal I guess since the Bluetooth is working fine.

Also, as I stated before I had the unit installed by a national retail chain and in my opinion they did a poor job. F350 crewcab required some dash modification to accept the Z1. The installer did not use the trim ring around the unit and there is a small gap on each side. Also, they did not return some unused parts from the Z1 package even though I expressly told them that I wanted all the parts and packaging left in my vehicle. On the connection status menu it shows "excessive vibration". This vehicle is a diesel truck and I don't know if the excessive vibration can be cured.

How would you all handle issue two? I could probably go into complain mode long enough to get them to refund the install cost.

Any thoughts on issue one?

Thanks in advance.