AVIC411.com

Avic / Ipod Classic question

has anybody got this paired up? The reason that I am asking is that I will be most likely using this for the video aspect of it as I want to have a movie data base and with a 160 gb HD, that would be perfect. Right now I am using the iphone and it works great, but with the ipod's smaller screen, I was wondering if it shows the video clearly and crisp. Can anybody give me their input, I would really appreciate it

Although the screen on the Classic is only 320X240 res, it accepts videos encoded at a max 640X480 res (1.5Mb/s bit rate), which is fine for displaying video on the AVICs. The Z110BT screen is 800X400 I believe.

So I would suggest that u encode your videos at a higher resolution than 320X240.

I have used the 160gb classic for the last two plus years on all of my units including the F90BT, X910BT, and Z110BT and have absolutely no complaints. Video looks great on all of these units and on the ipod itself. I recommend Hanbrake to encode all of your video sources to iPod video.

I have used the 160gb classic for the last two plus years on all of my units including the F90BT, X910BT, and Z110BT and have absolutely no complaints. Video looks great on all of these units and on the ipod itself. I recommend Hanbrake to encode all of your video sources to iPod video.
Thank you for the responses. As a matter of fact, I do use Handbrake to encode movies over to mp4. however, the resolution size just seems to be different for the iPhone/touch, than it seems to be for the iPod and that made me think that the movies will look 'stretched' when using an iPod, and That is why I had to ask. if that is not the case, then I will try this. Thanks!

Well, thanks for the help guys, I picked one up today. I got it at Futureshop, so if it is not up to my standards, I can always get my money back. Now to Handbrake a couple hundred movies :mrgreen: