AVIC411.com

Z120BT Pin Repair

So during the course of moving the mute wire on my new Z120, I snapped the pin. I attempted to solder it back together, but to no avail. I've looked at radio shack, but they don't seem to have all the components. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on another 18GA wire with that pin attached? I'm kind of at a standstill on the installation now until I figure out a solution. Did anyone else have any trouble?

Thanks guys.

Did you just break the connector on the wire itself of did you actually snap off the pin on the back of the Z120? If you just broke the connector at the end of the wire you can just bare the end of the wire a bunch and stuff it in there tight so it makes contact with the pin, you should also be able to find the connector at a proper electronics shop, not radio shack. If you have an old pioneer head unit kicking around you may be able to extract one of the wire's with the connector from it's wiring harness. You could also order a new wiring harness if needed. Check with your local installers, they may have old spare wiring harnesses kicking around that you could raid the one wire from, they may also have the connector.

If you broke the pin from the back of the z120...