AVIC411.com

2009 GMC Sierra install

2009 GMC Sierra with on star. I need to know what wiring harnesses to get and if i need a speaker adapter and antenna adapter. I have onstar now but I do not plan to renew my subscription, so is there a harness that I can get that does everything but retain On-star? As far as the steering wheel control, which harness is better for simple use?

I had it installed in my 2008 Escalade and was able to keep onstar and use steering wheel control... IT is awesome! I can get the part #s for adapters for you if you don't have any luck on other thread. I assume they are the same?? My escalade has bose amp and speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

for the steering wheel controls you will need the SWI-PS

for the wire harness you will need GMOS 01 if you dont have bose and the GMOS 04 if you do have bose, both will retain onstar.

every GM car newer than 1987 (with the exception of a couple of saturns) will need a antenna adapter

I have 2008 Escalade ext with Bose. I assume it is the same as Avalanche?? for my z110 they used PAC OS4 for on star, Pioneer cdiu200v for Ipod (To be clear it says that # on my receipt, but I have a plastic bag that says cdiu50v---not sure what is what but it works), PAC swips for steering wheel controls. It works flawlessly and you can still access on star from steering wheel as well. I highly recommend PAC.