AVIC411.com

Missing menue buttons AVIC-Z1

Posted this on the wrong forum, so moved it here. Questions about on/off have been answered, no clue yet about missing menues.

Just finished installing my Z-1 (What Fun) and am having problems.

First when the unit starts it says "Bluetooth Active", but when I go to the phone menu I can not select any buttons except for phone book, which is empty. When I try to register my phone my cell phone sees the AVIC but when I put in default password 1111 it will not accept me. Any ideas, what I am doing wrong. I try to follow the manual instructions but when the buttons are not pressable things do not work out.

Also how do you turn the unit off while driving? Set the time?

Nice unit but the UI could be a little more intuitive.

Thanks for any help provided.

Bill

as far as the bluetooh...don't know.

1. you cannot turn the unit "off" perse, but holding down the v button will blank the screen... holding down the source button will turn off the source.... both in the manual

2. time is set by satellite.... better than you and/or I can set it. (also in the manual)

First when the unit starts it says "Bluetooth Active",

That means the bluetooth NT-BT1 is connected and working.

but when I go to the phone menu I can not select any buttons except for phone book, which is empty.

That means you haven't paired a phone yet.

When I try to register my phone my cell phone sees the AVIC but when I put in default password 1111 it will not accept me. Any ideas, what I am doing wrong.

Well, you can go in and change the password to something else, you can change the default password in the Z1 to something you are sure of. Usually when there is a pairing issue, people realized that the password was something different than they thought.

What works for me, set the password to something you know. Then set your cell phone to discovery mode, then initiate the pairing with the head unit. You can try either. If initiating the pairing with the head unit doesn't work, try initiating the pairing with the phone. One of those should work for you.

I try to follow the manual instructions but when the buttons are not pressable things do not work out.

I'm not sure what that sentence means.

Also how do you turn the unit off while driving?

As smarsh said, there is really no "off". Just "sound off".

Set the time?

In the regional settings you can set the time zone. I think it does California time be default and you can do +/- hours, but the minutes are set by the GPS.

Nice unit but the UI could be a little more intuitive.

Yah, that's my problem as well, not something the wife just went in and started using without help. But once you get used to it, it's not too bad.

Thanks for the help, I also called Pioneer and they say that you can not access the phone set up options unless the parking break is on. Has anybody tried wiring it (parking break) all the time; is it hot or ground?

Thanks Again

Bill

Yah, that too. No you would need to bypass the unit. You can't just hook the parking brake to ground all the time.... well you can if you have the right manufacture date and ground another wire as well. If you want to bypass the unit look here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html