AVIC411.com

I recently installed Ducatiboys bypass for Z1's it worked great for a few days, and now all of a sudden I'm getting CANNOT USE HDD warning when I start up the headunit. I have been using this headunit since May of this year and have yet to have any problems. I don't know why this is happening and any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I installed this headunit according to the intructions on http://www.sminntech.com.

Since you posted this hear instead of emailing me, I would assume you want other people's opinions other than mine. This is, of course, no problem at all.... But I will give you mine anyway :)

The "cannot use HDD" error is a failure of the internal hard drive:

The manual has it as:

When: Failure of the built-in hard disk drive occur, such as internal electrical problem or file system error, etc.

What do to:Consult your dealer.

I have seen this message when I started messing with the hard drive. I believe when I tried loading the bluetooth update cd, file by file manually with the drive out of the Z1 and hooked to my PC, when I reinstalled the drive I got that message.

This message would have nothing to do with my circuit other than the coincidence that it happened around the same time you installed it. A failure of this nature does suck, but I'm confident that it was not because you installed the circuit. I have had tons of these in the field for many many months and this is not a result of the circuit installation.

But I would bet you might like some other people's opinions as well so chime in guys!

Ducatiboy no disrespect to your product. I think your product is great it worked just as described. That is why I didn't e-mail you directly, I just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem. And if I may be able to find a solution - without having to send my unit back to the manufacturer.

By the way, I did a level 3 reset and it worked for a little bit and then the CANNOT USE HDD came back.

Ducatiboy no disrespect to your product.

I know, I was just being a smart ass. But I wanted to answer you with what I thought of in case some of the other regulars (or anyone else) didn't respond to you right away. I was hoping that just cause I posted others would also post giving more feedback and not see my post and figured it answered. That's more why I said that, not cause I thought you were disrespecting me or my circuit.

I think your product is great it worked just as described. That is why I didn't e-mail you directly, I just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem. And if I may be able to find a solution - without having to send my unit back to the manufacturer.

I figured.

By the way, I did a level 3 reset and it worked for a little bit and then the CANNOT USE HDD came back.

That's very odd, it would work for a bit and then back to that error.

Try a level 4 reset. When you held MAP, did you do a "RESET" or "RETURN TO FACTORY"?

RESET is level 3, RETURN TO FACTORY (or something like that) is level 4, but you WILL lose everything on there. But if that's all that is left between you and returning it to Pioneer (who will lose your data anyway) I guess it's worth a try.

I still don't hold too much faith in that though. If you try it let us know how you make out.