AVIC411.com

F900BT and iPhone 3GS with iOS4 Problem

Hi All,

I just got myself an F900BT and im having some issues with it recognising my iPhone 3GS with iOS4.

I can connect the phone to the deck with Bluetooth with no problems but when it comes to hooking my iPhone up to the USB cable (via the Pioneer iPod cable supplied) it doesnt pick it up.

The phone doesnt even go into charging mode.

I have AV1 placed into iPod mode and still doesnt work.

My deck is running Firware 2.0 (2.002 or something)

Any ideas on whats going on?

I really love this deck but not having my music makes it useless to me :*(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I also have the same problem. In fact I came here looking for an answer. It is the same with both my iphone 3gs, iphone 4 and 6th gen ipod nano. It seriously cant be a compatibility issue can it? my 4 year old piece of crap clarion headunit interfaced perfectly with my iphones and ipods....well perfectly by clarions standards..*rolls eyes*

anyway I am also on firmware 2.0

I spoke to pioneer australia about it and all they could tell me is that "our unit works fine here on the test bench with this ipod of unkown type"...alot of help that was.

Using Ipod 3gs with firm 4+ here.

My F900BT is running 2.006.

If I connect my ipod with usb and ipod lead (new style ipod lead) it charges, if I connect with my older ipod lead from my ipod it does not.

The sound only comes through using the headphone jack connected to the line input at the rear of my set.

It is a bit variable with my Iphone, sometimes works, sometimes does not. But I have found a fix.

I connect my old ipod and the connect the line in input to my iphone 3gs, this lets me play what I want, OK I cant change tracks on the screen, but then I mostly use Spotify and the pioneer does not allow control of that anyway.