AVIC411.com

2010 CNSD map update and testmode

Well, I did preformed a "clean install" of the map and data enclosed in the new CNSD 200FM box. I did this to force a new data and map load. I wiped the hardrive by using my tried and true testmode and deleting everything then inserting SD card number A and rebooting. All went well and she loaded everything off the "A"card. Total time to reload everything was 40 mins. I rebooted and confirmed the new data and maps were loaded after slecting language and voice. Now none of my tried and true testmode files will boot the unit into testmode. I confirmed the unit can see the SD card by locating POIs on my poi SD card. I have tried all the tricks I know of to boot her into test mode and none work now. Anyone else observe this who has done a clean install?

Gosh, I am Windows 2000 and up MCSE certified and it never occured to me about Windows CE versions. Anyhoooo downloaded that testmode file onto a fresh formatted SD card and it booted into the CE environment. It took a lot longer than previous attempts and my FM radio even played for a minute before it booted into TM. Thanks all!