AVIC411.com

I bought my avic-z1 used. There is a dvd in the drive currently. Plays fine with no problems. I used the open button the screen moves down...I hot the eject button and nothing happens. I then hit the open/close button again to close the face and nothing happens. DVD still plays while I am doing all of this. The only way to close the door is to reset the unit or shut off the car and restart it. The radio is hook correctly with the 2 wire bypass although I have not been able to usethe bluetooth fix until I can remove the DVD. The only wires not currently attached are the vss and reverse wires. Any ideas?

Sounds like maybe a "homebrew" DVD with a paper label on it? Can you see the DVD through the slot? Does the unit make any noise like its trying to eject the disc when you hit the eject button?

I had a similar problem with a Kenwood CD deck when CD recording first hit the home PC scene. I'd burn CD's and put a paper label on them. They would jam in the deck. I'd use a small flat object to lift up on the front edge of the CD through the slot while the deck was trying to eject it. This worked for me.

P.S. No more paper labels ever....