AVIC411.com

another Z1 speed pulse problem...

Hello all, first time posting and great forum. Glad I found it.

I trolled the forum for about an hour tonight so I found a few things that I will try. I fairly certain the going into the 3d calabration and resetting everything will fix my speed pulse, but if it doesnt....

Just started happening the other day, my gps directional arrow shows me going sideways and even backwards now and when I look at my hardware settings going down the highway I have 0 for speed pulse and the guages are un-available at this time. All other hardware checks out fine. Great gps signals, etc...

So if resetting the calabration doesnt fix my issue what are my options?

Thanks in advance....

'06' Toyota 4runner Special Edition v8

I did the reset and the gps is working as it should but now it says the speed pulse isnt connected and the virtual guages are unavailable.

Im not sure what the gyroscope is but Im assuming if it was bad or wasnt working the gps would work at all.

what does the speed pulse connect to in order to get the pulse? speed sensor? Could that be bad and need to be replaced?

thanks for the reply.

I would check your VSS wire. It could have come loose.

Wire color and location varies from car to car.

It's possible the VSS wire is loose but that wouldn't explain why his gauges don't work: they should work even without the VSS connected.

voodoo, you need to find the VSS wire at your vehicle's computer and tap into that.