AVIC411.com

Farewell AVIC700

It's been real folks, had a lot of fun while I had my 700, but it is time to move on. Bought and installed a 920bt today. Definately different and currently unhackable, but I think I am going to like it. Pending approval, the F700 will be listed for sale in classified section. Nothing wrong with it, but I have no use for it anymore. I had a great time learning things, changing mods and so forth. Happy days.

Well, I ope that you enjoy your new 920BT. I would have purchased one long ago if it was hackable, actually, no, not true, I would have purchased a Z120bt if it was hackable. I wonder if Pioneer even realizes how many sales they lose because they decide to make these units hack proof. I have no problem at all spending $2000 on a unit, but I want to be able to mod it, make it unique :). Lol, my friend has an Alpine Nav system in his car and he drools everytime he sees mine :twisted:

I just pulled out my x920 and went back to my F700, the BT call quality wasn't ever good enough to consider keeping it, even at $550. I gave it a full 3 weeks of testing with different mics, mic locations, and even 2 firmware updates, none got it past mediocre call quality.

I'm not saying others won't be fine, but for me it was the dealbreaker.

I just pulled out my x920 and went back to my F700, the BT call quality wasn't ever good enough to consider keeping it, even at $550. I gave it a full 3 weeks of testing with different mics, mic locations, and even 2 firmware updates, none got it past mediocre call quality.

I haven't tried the BT yet. The 920 is definately at different ballgame. I will keep it, at least for a while anyway until I get sick of it and buy something else. It's really not that bad of a unit overall. I guess it is just because i was used to the 700 after so long.

I haven't tried the BT yet. The 920 is definately at different ballgame. I will keep it, at least for a while anyway until I get sick of it and buy something else. It's really not that bad of a unit overall. I guess it is just because i was used to the 700 after so long.

I find that with constantly modding it and creating new mods for it, I NEVER get bored with it and with new map upgrades, it is just like having a new unit every time :)

Couldn't take it any more. Selling the 920 and I bought me a 900bt...modding again!! I actually had the X920 in for 3 whole days.

:lol::lol::lol: Smart Choice! I will be putting up a new update V3.25 by this Sunday, unfortunately, working every day until then :(, but this update will make this mod even better :). There are some pics in the last pages of my thread

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't take it any more. Selling the 920 and I bought me a 900bt...modding again!! I actually had the X920 in for 3 whole days.

Well done that man!That sounds the type of thing I would do,pay a chunk of cash then regret it.Story of my life :lol:

I did ok, though. Sold the x920 last week and actually made money on it. Can't beat that with a stick,huh?

So what was it that you didn't like about it?

1.The nav part was the most important, it sucked. It had me going ways that I never dreamed of taking before.

2. Unhackable. I have been modding for over a year now and got used to having to change things when I want, although I did know this upfront before I bought it.

3. Micro SD. Even though they are fairly cheap these days, I already have numerous SD cards.

4. Day,Night mode. Unit would not change to night mode due to my Fusion not having a illumi wire. Had to manually change the brightness down. F900 changes automatically.

5. Didn't care for the Sirius display.

And some other things that I can't remember that I didn't like.

But I do have to say that the sound quality was better and the unit did boot almost instantly after turning key on.