AVIC411.com

Question about bluetooth and iphone on a Z3.

I recently installed a Z3 with the ND-BT1 and am having a strange issue. I've got an iphone 4 and was able to get the phone to pair with the module. My problem is that when I take a call the bluetooth only uses the rear speakers while muted audio continues to play through the front speakers. I can't imagine this is correct because it is extremely distracting and rather illogical.

Can anybody tell me where I might look to solve this problem. I did search for a few minutes and didn't come up with anything useful. Admittedly, I'm not the most thorough sleuth when it comes to forum searching, but I did give it a try.

Thanks for any help, or ideas, any of you can offer.

I don't know about the Z3, I have a z110bt and there is an option to mute and where to play bluetooth and/or navigation. I have mine set to mute all... I think that it is in navigation options? I did not have the issue you are describing but did have others with bluetooth when i upgraded ios to 4.0--i went back to 3.1.3 on my 3g

Good luck

First off, your system is not wired correctly (front and rear speakers). BT audio will come through the front speakers only, and you select Left, Right, or both in the audio settings. There is also an audio setting to set the mute level, set this to "all".

Great info, thanks! I had thought the wiring was incorrect as well and verified through the fader that the front and rear channels work properly in relation to the deck. If the deck's fader is working properly how do I change the wiring without affecting the fader?