AVIC411.com

Pairing two phones??

Ok I have searched this forum extensively and I find some saying that it does work and others saying it does not so I am putting the question out there:

I am trying to pair two phones to my AVIC-HD3 and have it automatically connect to whichever one is in range. The pairing is simple and works fine however the head unit will only connect to whichever was the last one paired. To change phones I need to go into the setup menu and select the other phone. When I want to go back to phone one again I need to go into the phoen menu.

Needless to say this is rather a pain because I do not make it a habit of seeing which phone is paired when i get into the car. So if my wife last used it then suddenly my phoen starts ringing in the middle of a drive and I need to do the mad (and illegal) scramble to try to get to the damn phone.

So to the people who say their head units automatically connect to the nearest phone can you tell me what version of head unti you have and the software version?

Thanks

Damn mine just will not do that.

For example I have a Nokia N900, my wife has a Nokia N97 and I have an old N82. All three are apired with the head unit.

Yesterday I sat in the car with the N900 on and the head unit paired just fine. I then switched off the N900 and switched off the cars ignition as well for good measure. Switched on the N82 and the car and started a drive. After a half hour the N82 was still not conneced to the head unit.

On your pioneer would the N82 have connected in that scenario? If so then I will carry on testing and trying.

Thanks

Hmmm interesting.

Might be a firmware issue.

I have a spare drive that I might grab your latest z2/z3 drive image from and put into the head unit to test with.

Do you or anyone else know if I can run the US software on one drive to test and then swop back to my original drive without any issues? I guess I am sking if anyone know if there is any EEPROM or flash memory in the Z2/Z3 that might hold the US parameters and not allow me to go back to my Australian unit.

well i can confirm that if a us hard disk is placed in an avic-hd3 after it upgrades the firmware the unit will no longer startup. seems like the os never loads again.

easily fixed by going into test mode with original hard disk installed and forcing a flash.

why the us image will not run is beyond me sine the hardware is so similar

it is almost like they use a different address range but the schematics in the service manual dont reflect it.

I'm not sure it even got to the point of reading the hard disk. Not even the normal text you see saying "Starting Pioneer navigation unit..." or somethign like that. It just switched on with the backlight on and a black screen. Almost as if the boot loader handed over to a non working firmware image.

I suppose I could test your theory by using an image of the original drive and then just replace the partitions with the US ones (that way keeping the MBR intact).

I must say this bluetooth issue is really getting me down - if it can just automatically connect to one of two phones then this unit will de everything I need.

Does anyone know if there is a way to query the firmware version of the nd-bt1 module? I am wondering if this is just a case of needing a different version of this piece of hardware and has nothing to do with the AVIC unit at all.

As a side note the latest firmware version for the AVIC-HD3 in australia is 05.00000 upgrading to this made no difference on the bluetooth side.

Can anyone with an EU model tell me if thier units would pass the test i posted above?