AVIC411.com

Pioneer z110bt/z120bt Legal screen "ok"

Anyone have any idea how to bypass that stupid legal screen that you have to click "ok" on every time you turn on the car? I used to have this in my RX350 and even Lexus was smart enough to release a new version of the software that eliminated this acknowledgement.

Any help is much appreciated!!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can avoid by pressing okay every time you start your car is...

Make sure the last mode you're in is not navigation, before you turn your car off.

Right, but wouldn't it then prompt you for the same 'OK' legalese when the first time you switch to navigation?

Thanks

torbach1

Yes. There is no way to get around it.

Thanks. When I had an Infiniti M45x and an Infiniti G35x prior to that, someone figured out a hack around the OK legalese screen that involved attaching some kind of module to the unit. I'm not sure what they did, but I'm sure it's different in each one of these units, and as a former software developer I can tell you that it would be very easy for Pioneer to force this button with no possible hack other than the unit staying on all night or being fooled into believing it was on.

Cheers

torbach1

There is a hacking effort going on right now for this series of units but it is in its infant stages and not usable for users at this time. Once things start happing however, there is no telling what you will be able to do. Stay tuned but don't hold your breath.

There is a hacking effort going on right now for this series of units but it is in its infant stages and not usable for users at this time. Once things start happing however, there is no telling what you will be able to do. Stay tuned but don't hold your breath.

I thought I read something about the "OK" bypass on Condi's posts. Something about running an auto-run program/script to "virtually" press the OK button for you on start-up. I think it was an early discussion. Would be really cool to get rid of that OK legalese screen for good!

All this legalese stuff is such a nuisance. It's similar to the McDonalds coffee cups now having to say 'Beware, the coffee is hot!!!' becuase they got sued by that woman who put her McDonald's coffee cup on her dashboard and then took off, spilling the coffee on her legs and getting third degree burns. She lost the law suit, but ever since then everyone has to suffer with the CYA crap. Damn - I wish someone would slap her. Unbelievable that so many people have to suffer through this stupidity because of one person and one law suit.

Cheers

Tamir

All this legalese stuff is such a nuisance. It's similar to the McDonalds coffee cups now having to say 'Beware, the coffee is hot!!!' becuase they got sued by that woman who put her McDonald's coffee cup on her dashboard and then took off, spilling the coffee on her legs and getting third degree burns. She lost the law suit, but ever since then everyone has to suffer with the CYA crap. Damn - I wish someone would slap her. Unbelievable that so many people have to suffer through this stupidity because of one person and one law suit.

Cheers

Tamir

I have to agree, it would have been fine if Pioneer would have left it as a 3 or 5 second warning screen and then cleared itself. It could have been set to appear while the unit is booting up. It makes no sence that the VR and Navi are dissabled until you press OK. the unit should just turn on and work.

I have to agree, it would have been fine if Pioneer would have left it as a 3 or 5 second warning screen and then cleared itself. It could have been set to appear while the unit is booting up. It makes no sence that the VR and Navi are dissabled until you press OK. the unit should just turn on and work.

the Ok is supposed to be proof you read it but no one does. we used to put a 4x6 sticker over the opening of our packaging. you had to rip it to open the package. there was no way you could not see it and read it if you wanted to. an almost no one did read it. ok, so when someone would try to send back a unit with the 3 items listed on the sticker that voided the warranty we just said no. i agree that it is stupid to have the OK be there every time. there should be a way to turn it off after agreeing to whatever the message is for. yes, i have never actually read it. if i have i have no idea what it said or care. i wonder what legal decision that this refers to forcing us to press OK? as for it being part of garmin, well i would not own a garmin for any reason. but it does not happen on my Iphone. can you imagine if your mobile phone require you to press OK every time you turn it on or take a call?