AVIC411.com

Pandora Multi-Tasking Solved

I'm not sure if anyone has figured this out yet, but I have found a better way to listen to Pandora...

Instead of using the Pioneer PandoraLink app, I use the normal Pandora app. I do have the PandoraLink app downloaded and installed on my phone, I just never open it. I can have my phone plugged in, then start the Pandora app, and it will work normally...I do not have to unplug my phone and plug it back in like I had to do with PandoraLink. Sometimes, I do need to open the Pandora app 2 or 3 times to get the information on the AVIC screen, but it will keep playing music. When I do need to leave the app to do something else on my phone, Pandora keeps playing music...I do lose all the information on the screen, but it will come back once I re-open the Pandora app...Again, sometimes I do need to close and re-open the Pandora app a couple times on my phone to get the information and control back to the AVIC, but still A LOT better than the PandoraLink unplugging-replugging BS I had to go through.

I have an iPhone 3Gs with 4.0.2 software.

Thanks for this tip. I am going to try this out on my way home. Pandora actually created Pandora Link for Pioneer and Alpine, but have been really slow to update them. I am thinking that they will start moving the functionality into the main Pandora app and do away with this cludgy mess we have now. At any rate, good find.

I loose the info on the screen all the time myself too. I have an iTouch and mobile WiFi. What a pile.

If you don't use the Pioneer Mobile app, can you still use the controls on the Z120?

That's what I'd like to know. My wife's VW can use BT Audio on her nav system, so we stream Pandora from a Blackberry Bold. With that system there is no on-screen control.

I thought the sales pitch of these two radios was the ability of gaining on-screen control of Pandora.

Here's the deal. You don't need the Pioneer app to use Pandora on your Z120/X series. You just need to start the actual Pandora app and then connect to your radio. Pandora built in the code for connecting to Pioneer and Alpine HU's. True it has to be running to display the info on the screen, but unlike the Pioneer app, you don't have to unplug and replug in the iPhone to get it to work, just relaunch the app.

Here's the deal. You don't need the Pioneer app to use Pandora on your Z120/X series. You just need to start the actual Pandora app and then connect to your radio. Pandora built in the code for connecting to Pioneer and Alpine HU's. True it has to be running to display the info on the screen, but unlike the Pioneer app, you don't have to unplug and replug in the iPhone to get it to work, just relaunch the app.

sounds peachy

• 1 month later...