AVIC411.com

z120bt static/hiss - 2010 Tacoma w JBL

I have a 2010 Tacoma double cab with the JBL system and I recently installed pioneer z120bt head unit. I have two issues I am trying to work through and would appreciate any help.

1. I can hear a real faint hiss when I am driving and have the radio volume really low or am on the bluetooth. I notice it as I accelerate. I am wondering if this would mean the amp needs tuned (how do you do that on the JBL system??) or something with the ground.

2. I paired my HTC EVO with the z120bt and it is clear as can be for me, but the other party hears static when I am not talking. Any idea how to fix that?

As always, thanks in advance.

can hear a real faint hiss when I am driving and have the radio volume really low or am on the bluetooth. I notice it as I accelerate. I am wondering if this would mean the amp needs tuned (how do you do that on the JBL system??) or something with the ground.

if you used a integration harness with a module, there is usually a gain knob on the module for that adjustment, if you have that just back it down a little bit until the noise goes away, or is too faint to be bothered by it, going too low will take loudness out of the system.

Thanks, I really hope I dont need to replace the Scosche adapter as that would be a nightmare. Scosche told me to re-tune the amp gain with the factory radio. Maybe I will give that a try as it is not as big a pain as replacing the adapter, although anything that require pulling this radio out and messing with it at this point is a pain.

My installer played around with the tuning twice. He then, replaced the scosche interface thinking that we got a defective one. That resulted with the same hissing sound issue. We finally gave up on the scosche interface and replaced it with the PAC TATO JBL interface and voila. It worked. I think that the scoche interface doesn't play well with the JBL speakers.

Its funny you mention this. I had a Scosche adapter that actually had the power and ground wires reversed from the factory. The unit kept blowing its fuse when I applied power during my install. It took me an hour to realize that was the problem and reverse the wires. I was amazed that a mistake like that could come from the factory.

• 2 weeks later...