AVIC411.com

new owner with problems z120bt

hi to all i have a couple of newbie questions yes i searched the forum couldnt fine any answers ..new 120bt install i can stream audio with iphone4 but when i hookup cable for ipod songs are playing but nothing coming through speakers any ideas what could be causing i tried looking at settings cant find nothing second when getting a phone call i could hear whos calling but they cant hear me what could be causing this im going crazy..thanks

Your iPhone is using the BT audio out when you have it hooked to the cable. Hit the BT symbol on the bottom right of the transport control on the phone and set it to DOCK CONNECTOR.

Your second issue sounds like you are answering from the phone itself. If you do that the audio out of the phone will go to speaker and not BT out. Answer from the screen of the unit and all should be good.

Lastly, in the future be sure to post in the proper forum. You posted this in the X series forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my ipod touch and nano. I'm using a regular ipod cable rather than the pioneer, but other people seem to be able to use this without issue. I have AV1 set to ipod. I have all the cables hooked up. The system is controlling the ipod and the song is playing but there is no sound. Do I have a defective unit?

Thanks.

I have the same problem with my ipod touch and nano. I'm using a regular ipod cable rather than the pioneer, but other people seem to be able to use this without issue.

Thanks.

You haven't seen that on this forum. Because it won't work on a Z1x0. You must have the Pioneer cable (or a very good knock-off - don't bother looking - not worth it). Otherwise, all you'll get is the display of track info - with no sound.

If iPod video support is not important to you and you want to go really cheap, you can use the Apple sync cable and an 1/8" cable from the headphone out on the phone and it will give you audio. Too me however, it seems much easier and less hassle to just purchase the Pioneer cable, get full support and only have to be concerned with plugging in one cable.

Is your vehicle equipped with a premium audio? BOSE, infiniti, Rockford Fosgate, NDDS, Harmon Kardon, etc?

If so, verify the remote turn on wire off the AVIC is hooked up to the AMP turn on wire (blue/white or blue if no blue white exists) of the vehicle's harness.

Check a CD or DVD to see if you have no audio on those sources. If the same problem exists, you have a wiring issue. It can mean the power antenna wire of the AVIC (blue wire) is hooked up to the vehicles amp turn on wire. If thats the case, audio will only work on AM/FM source and be audio-less on all other sources. Blue wire on AVIC only ouputs voltage to operate an ampified or power antenna. The blue wire shuts off on all other sources cause theres no need to have the power antenna on.

It is possible that this might be the problem. My car (1993 Mazda RX7) *didn't* have the premium audio (bose) option, although this was an option on some models. I had the antenna wire from the avic connected to either the blue or blue/white wire on the car harness (don't remember for sure, and I'm not near the car right now). It annoyed me that the power antenna went up when every source (not just am/fm) was selected. However, CDs and DVDs *do* play just fine. So I'm not sure how much this issue is related to the no-sound-with-ipod issue.

Currently I have all blue wires disconnected. I don't think I checked ipod sound (with or without 1/8" audio cable) in this configuration. I will check tonight.

Thanks.