AVIC411.com

Cracking the Z110/20BT: F10/F20BT included? Region changing?

So your saying we can put the 2.003 update on after doing the hacked 1.003 2009 update with the CNSD110FM update installed

I would like to keep it updated but don't want to brick it. .

Followed the guidelines. Just got done doing it here. 1.001 -> CNSD-110FM -> 2.003 I was abit skeptical also but went for it and it works great. Little different getting used to the new UI. Alot easier than expected, the CNSD took about 22 mins, the other 2 were under 5. Whole process was under an hour using 1 SD card and dling the firmwares.

I dont see much difference with the maps. My road / house is still wrong, whereas google maps and bing work just fine. Hope this resolves the BT issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD COMMENT: I just wanted to offer a huge congrats to valued forum member ShortFuse. Over the last several months there have been numerous members claim they could do what he has done only to never b

The key file here is RenewalIFLib.dll from the APL directory.   Decompiled with Desquirr:   AL_AUTH_Operation::PassAttestation(ushort const *) 10002648 _PassAttestation_AL_AUTH_Operation__QAA_A

WOAH!!!!!!! It worked!!!! I'm updating it now.

Posted Images

Just read through the entire thread and most everything worked well here, up to 2.003. However I'm stuck at the BT update at v2.50. With the SD card in the slot(with the Firmware folder at the root), going to the BT screen the Firmware Update icon is disabled. I've tried on 2 different 120BT's and both show that icon grayed out.

Just to clarify, you did the 2.0 update, and then, without first installing BT 3.10 and 3.11, you installed 2.003?

Now that is sort of backwards, but I doubt it causes a problem. 2.003 did have some BT fix I recall. Maybe there is some conflict.

At least one other member posted that BT Firmware Update was disabled, but I don't recall what the fix was. Maybe that person will see this and jump in here.

I do remember once seeing that disabled on my unit, but it was only temporary. I don't remember the circumstances. Maybe you should do a factory reset.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new in this forum. I just bought an avic-z120bt. i wounder if there is a way to upload navigation maps of different countries.

tnx

No. If you had a Z110-BT you could theoretically load the EU or AU update to version 2.0 (Z120-BT equivalent) to use maps of Europe or Australia. But not to add arbitrary maps of other countries.

Also, I think Pioneer sold an add-on of Mexico for the Z110, but I haven't seen a Z120 version of that add-on.

You didn't say which countries you wanted. Helps if you give more details - you might get more specific answers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pandora source only shows up when you plug in the iPhone/Touch.

Hello!!

I´ve the f20bt, with the 2.003 version updated from factory. I´m tryin to connect the iphone to the navigator but pandora link doesn´t appear (i´ve installed in my iphone the pandora link aplication). Do you know if there is any way to liberate this option in the european f20bt. I´ve compared the two firmwares (z120 and f20) and it seems they are exactly the same....

Has anybody found any kind of hidden menu as an other pioneer devices have??

Thank you very much

Hi, having read though the entire thread I've got to say, great work people, this truly is impressive. Following that I do have a question, I live in Australia, and the local AV market is very overpriced. If I were to buy a Z110BT from the US and update it with the firmware for the Australian F20BT, would that get me Australian navigation? I don't care about using the radio or the DVD player (do region free disks work?) since I have my iPhone loaded with all my music.

Thanks

Well... I recently moved to Finland from Canada and shipped my car over (which had the Z110BT installed). So, I took a chance and tried the upgrade to the EU maps. After reading the entire thread, it doesn't seem like anyone has done z110BT -> F20BT. All that was attempted was F10BT -> the z110BT hack -> F20BT. So, here's what I had to do:

1.) Installed the ShortFuse Hack (This went smoothly - Thanks Shortfuse!)

2.) Then I inserted the EU Version of CNSD-110FM SD1

- So this didn't work. Inserting the SD Card did nothing

3.) Downloaded the US version of CNSD-110FM SD1 and inserted it into the unit

- This worked. It prompted me the message. So, I chose not to continue

4.) I copied the US version of CARDINFO.cif onto the SD Card of the EU Version of CNSD-110FM SD1 and replaced the EU version.

5.) I inserted this SD card into the unit and it worked!

I can confirm that my z110BT now has the F20BT Software and Maps. I get the new UI and I have the EU maps.

But... there are a few drawbacks.

- Navigation does NOT work (You can't search for the address, can't search for POI's, it just gets stuck at the loading screen, etc)

- If you try to arbitrarily pick a spot on the map and select to Navigate there, it kind of works, but you don't get Voice Guidance.

- The regional settings are still for US and Canada, so I can't set my clock to the correct time. The most I can do is +9 hours which is 1 hour off from Finland time zone.

Other than that, everything seems to be working.