AVIC411.com

iPad, Kenwood and Pioneer

I went up to the local auto sound shop, where they have working demos of both Kenwood and Pioneer in-dash nav units.

Both would play IPOD video, but neither would play ANYTHING off the iPad.

For that matter, I think they both locked up when the connection was made.

Obviously, Apple has yet-again changed the pin assignment of the multi-connector.

Has anyone heard of any fixes for this - it would be cool to have iPad data as a video option.

It doesn't have anything to do with the pin assignment of the dock connector. Apple did not design the iPad with remote support from the dock connector in mind. They don't consider the iPad should be used in a manner people are using the iPod in remote situations. That wont change until Apple decides there is a practical application for it.

• 1 month later...

What do you mean by this.

i think he means using the data off of the Ipad (stored videos, MP3's...) as a video (or audio) source

The 4.2 software update for the iPad adds support for control and playback through the dock port.

sounds like apple, dont get it right out of the box but then realize its a good ideal to add it later, im surprised they didn't wait on adding it until they could have called it a different model and gotten a raise in sales