AVIC411.com

Dialing From the Z1 Head Unit??? :?

I have a Cingular Treo 650. I haven't had any success making phone calls from within the Z1's address book. I can dial from my phone with no problem. I can transfer contacts via bluetooth easily.

Questions: Is this unit supposed to be able to dial directly from the head unit via address book or only from the phone. Has anybody has any success with this and which phones.

I have a Sprint Treo 650 and I have the exact same problem. The issue with mine is that the phone will not stay connected to the Z1. When I dial from the Treo it connects almost instantly, but when the call is terminated it disconnects from the Z1 which disables the dialing function on the head unit.

Hopefully someone on here knows a resolution.......

hey i am not trying to be a smart ass but uhh.. that aint the EXACT same problem, if it was you wouldnt have to explain it. But since you did explain it, its clear that your problem is connection and his is dialing from the avic unit, so maybe those are different problems?

hey i am not trying to be a smart ass but uhh.. that aint the EXACT same problem, if it was you wouldnt have to explain it. But since you did explain it, its clear that your problem is connection and his is dialing from the avic unit, so maybe those are different problems?

uhh...I think you are trying to be a smart ass. If you know the Z1 then you should know that if you can't dial from the head unit, it's because the Bluetooth has lost connection which automaticly disables the functionality which makes his problem the same. :lol:

I dont care to debate with you on what "EXACTLY" means since it is not likely you will adjust your wording and agree that you used the word in error since the thread starter didnt mention disconnection as a problem. Remember, even IF disconnection is confirmed later, that still means LATER, not currently, hence not exactly.

Knowing the z1 or not doesnt really indicate how the thing works (fully), there are other factors involved. Such as: bluetooth compatibility, the bluetooth adapter itself, the phone, the provider in which the phone is used with since some providers "limit" at best the capabilities. Hence why I said I didnt know that phone as my phone is different.

--- off topic ---

like people use to say in the ol dtv hack days, "my card works... except sometimes the channels freeze" guess what it doesnt work.. and it aint exactly if you catch the correlation.

and actually, if lilred you took the time to read you would find the answer to your question of the disconnect... http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2409

also, this "may" help you kleenkut13 check out the compatible phones thread i mentioned earlier. there is some good info right on the first page of it. oh its a sticky too.

and actually, if lilred you took the time to read you would find the answer to your question of the disconnect... http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2409

also, this "may" help you kleenkut13 check out the compatible phones thread i mentioned earlier. there is some good info right on the first page of it. oh its a sticky too.

What's funny and strange is I have a brand new Treo 650 GSM and it worked fine for over 1 month...then all of a sudden the same phone would not connect to the Bluetooth on the Avic... the only time it does now is when a call is received or initiated by the Cel Phone. I thought the problem was with the Treo so they replaced it... the new replacement initially connects to the Avic bluetooth for about 1 minute...then it act the way as mentioned above.

Why would the phone work perfectly for more than a month, then all of a sudden start to work differently??

What's funny and strange is I have a brand new Treo 650 GSM and it worked fine for over 1 month...then all of a sudden the same phone would not connect to the Bluetooth on the Avic... the only time it does now is when a call is received or initiated by the Cel Phone. I thought the problem was with the Treo so they replaced it... the new replacement initially connects to the Avic bluetooth for about 1 minute...then it act the way as mentioned above.

to the previous post to the thread about compatible phones, you need to look elsewhere for the Palm OS... Garnet 5.4.8 is the latest OS version of Palm...not 1. something!

Why would the phone work perfectly for more than a month, then all of a sudden start to work differently??