AVIC411.com

Z120BT blutetooth problem/ Mic Question too

Hi All,

I misposted this earlier, so here it goes again:

After many times this summer hard resetting my cellphone and establishing a new bluetooth connection with my pioneer nav...today it wouildn't pair, in fact another bluetoothphone would not pair either.

I went to bluetooth settings...clear memory but that is greyed out.

How to i wipe the bluetooth slate clean so I can pair again without restoring the entire unit to factory reset?

Also, nobody heear's me quite well with the mic that came with the unit. I sound garbled, it's all the way to the left rright where the windshield and driver window are. Is there a better mic than the one that came with it?

Thanks,

jeff

How to i wipe the bluetooth slate clean so I can pair again without restoring the entire unit to factory reset?

You cant. you have to do a full reset of the unit.

Is there a better mic than the one that came with it?

Many people have purchased Garmin mics and had good results.

If I do a factory reset is it relatively straightfoward or is it better left to the dealer who installed it.

I had my unit bypassed so my passengers can watch and control the unit; will this be erased?

What's the purpose of the clear memory option under bluetooth if one can't access it?

Also, how many times (or profiles does it take to jam the unit up?

So there's no other way to get bluetooth working again?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi again..

I reset the Z120BT, all old profiles are gone, but it won't Pair, error on phone that says make sure the unit you are trying to pair with is discoverable..it obviously is since it came up on my phone and I typed in 1111 and the pairing error.

Any further tests I can run, the phone is fine it syncs with the rosen nav in my other car.

Thanks,

jeff

I'm not surprised that this didn't fix the problem, but it is a logical 1st step in figuring out what's wrong. That is, it puts the Z120 in a known, stable state.

Here are some ideas on how to proceed.

- Is your phone a Blackberry? There seems to be more problems with the Z110 BT on them. Look for more threads on BB pairing issues- there may be issues already addressed. What phone/model do you have?

- Is there any firmware update for your phone? Sometimes manufacturers fix pairing issues.

- Has the latest Pioneer update been installed? Latest version is 3.02. I think it is displayed in the "Service Information" menu under "System Setting". Could be wrong - I don't have the procedure in front of me.

- There are a few variations on the pairing procedure. Are you using the "Register from moble phone" method? (see page 64). I have been less successful letting the AVIC find my phone (page 63 in the manual). You should try both methods to see which works for your phone.

- From this thread, I can't tell if this was a factory Z120 or a Z110 that was updated by your installer (or you). I think the best way to tell is to look at the model number on the bottom left of the HU face, next to the "press-to-talk" button. If it says Z110, then this is an upgraded unit. If so, that raises the question of whether the installer installed SD2 (and/or the 3.10 BT on SD1). There are a few ways to display the BT software version. The simplest is to go to BT settings screen and select "Firmware Update". It displays your current version. It should be 3.11. If not, go back to your installer. The Pioneer update instruction imply that 3.10 must be installed prior to 3.11, but that might not be true. I don't think there is any way to verify that it was. I doubt this is your problem - just make sure you have 3.11.

- Are there other BT devices in the area when you attempt to pair? Might be interfering with the pairing. Was you phone connected to another BT device at the time?

- I have sometimes had a problem due to timing - waiting too long to respond on the phone after it detects the AVIC. I try to get everything set up so I can select and answer all prompts quickly. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts.

If nothing here helps, I'd go back to the installer. If you bought it from him, and he can't pair the phone, have him replace the unit.