AVIC411.com

I'm new to this forum and I have an issue with the Ipod Touch on the Pioneer Z120BT it charges just fine but what is annoying to me is I would like to keep a shuffle of my albums on at all times, BUT whenever I turn the car off It resets itself to just play all songs. Is there a way to keep the shuffle of albums on as standard? I remember the old ipods used to work like this I hope theres a solution to this... Thanx

Makaveli,

Thanks, that seems to work. The iPod Touch doesn't have a "global" shuffle setting, so I was expecting setting a playlist to shuffle would either be temporary or only apply to the current playlist. But I set it on the current playlist(detached from the AVIC), and it seems to have stuck. Upon reconnecting to the AVIC, it did have to completely rebuild the VR directory (a rather long process - espesially if you are waiting in the garage for it to finish), but now the Z110 does retain the shuffle setting across several restarts and playlists. I haven't tried switching between selected artists or albumns yet, to see if it still stays in random mode. But it is an improvement over remembering to hit shuffle each time.

I haven't tried switching between selected artists or albumns yet, to see if it still stays in random mode. But it is an improvement over remembering to hit shuffle each time.

It'll now shuffle correctly throughout your entire library... You will be able to turn it off/on at will, and it will be retained when turning off/on the car....

I couldn't tell why this is, but it works... Apple probably changed something in their latest IPods...