AVIC411.com

Phone book dialing causes mapping errors

I recently updated my Z1 to a Z3 and have the following issue:

Whenever I use the voice command unit to dial a number, either a favorite (1-5) or out of my phone book, it puts a crosshairs on my current location on the map, then won't move. My position updates, and I can see my arrow move off the screen but the screen stays stationary, as if marking where I made my call from. I have to hit the "map" button in order to get the map to refresh and return to normal. This never occured on my Z1. Is this a glitch/"feature" of the Z3 software or another issue? Is there some setting that I'm missing or a work around? The point of using hands free is to be hands free. Now, after I hang up, it restores the map screen to normal, but an extended conversation can leave me wondering what turn to take next.

Any information would be appreciated...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried that Garret. Do you have a Bluetooth phone hooked up? Try making a call when you are viewing the map. This really doesn't happen to you too? I'm using your image. It has to be software driven, because it never happened when I was using the Z1 with the original OS. Doesn't matter wether I have a route plugged in or not.

Tried that Garret. Do you have a Bluetooth phone hooked up? Try making a call when you are viewing the map. This really doesn't happen to you too? I'm using your image. It has to be software driven, because it never happened when I was using the Z1 with the original OS. Doesn't matter wether I have a route plugged in or not.

I have an iphone4 connected via BT, with the same image as you, and I do not have this problem. When you activate voice recognition, are you touching the screen or using a remote control? If touching the screen, try to recalibrate the touch screen.

I have an iphone4 connected via BT, with the same image as you, and I do not have this problem. When you activate voice recognition, are you touching the screen or using a remote control? If touching the screen, try to recalibrate the touch screen.

Currently I also have an iP4 via BT and I use the remote. I never thought to try the screen to dial, so I will try that, but I usually use the voice commands because Tennessee is a hands free state. I wonder what the problem could be? Should I call Pioneer? I wish I knew someone else with a Z1 upgraded to a Z3. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. If more people would please chime in, I'd like to know if it specific to my unit or something else. I'll record a video of it on my iP and post it to YouTube and link it here so you can see what I'm doing and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Give me a day to get it posted.